You might be a redneck if

/ You might be a redneck if #1  

deere755

Platinum Member
Tractor
Case 2090 Massey Ferguson 4233 John Deere 4700
you look forward to going to a national out house festival. Today the wife and I are going to a National out house festival in Greenville Illinois. I have no clue what to expect but we are looking forward to it. There is supposed to be some antique farm equipment there along with an outhouse auction at 2 pm. The lady I spoke with told me there is a John Deere out house up for auction. I just may have to bid on that. I will let you know how it turns out .

/ You might be a redneck if #3  
deere755 said:
The lady I spoke with told me there is a John Deere out house up for auction. I just may have to bid on that. I will let you know how it turns out .

Didn't know there was ever a need for such a thing, our old "B" just leaked wherever we happened to park it.:)

/ You might be a redneck if
Here are some pictures from the outhouse festival. Here is a John Deere outhouse and a jailhouse outhouse. One outhouse was a modified garden tractor complete with plunger and bathtub. The tractor seat had been removed and replaced with a toilet! The last picture was of an old steam engine. There was one that was a deerhunter outhouse. You could sit on the toilet and drop a side window and shoot your deer. It was painted camouflage. It brought the most -- $550. The John Deere one brought $525. An all cedar version also brought $525. The jailhouse only brought $225. They even had a Kentucky woodstove. For those of you who aren't familiar with one of these, it's a wooden box with a removal lid to put your firewood in. The chimney flue was made out of a hollow log. Of course these are only good for one time. I actually bid on this one to give to my father-in-law from Kentucky. I was outbid and it went for $55. The purpose of the event was to raise money for the American Farm Museum. The auctioneer had a fun time with it. They even had a New York radio station call up and interview one of the festival organizers. We really enjoyed ourselves and are looking forward to next year's event!

Attachments

• johndeere.jpg
    johndeere.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 530
  • jailhouse.jpg
    jailhouse.jpg
    253.9 KB · Views: 284
  • potrod.jpg
    potrod.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 1,034
  • steam.jpg
    steam.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 249
   / You might be a redneck if
Here's one more pic. It shows the jailhouse outhouse in the foreground, but also shows the Holstein outhouse and deerstand/John Deere outhouse in the background.

Attachments

• outhouse2.jpg
    outhouse2.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 441
   / You might be a redneck if #6  
The person who said JOHN DEERES AINT WORTH A CRAP was wrong! Funny stuff there, BEATS MY OLE HALF MOON THEME,thanks for the pics
ALAN