DR Power Grader

/ DR Power Grader #21  
In our videos, all the roads started as hard pack. Some were very hard packed! You just need to make a few more passes.

Show me an uncut video, beginning to end, where the DR Power Grader is used on a hard-packed gravel road that hasn't been touched in several years. And if you'd like to see pictures of a gravel road like the one I mentioned, I'd be happy to post pictures of mine.

/ DR Power Grader #22  
One other note on the one that I built, was it was a 3ph unit, not a tow behind for a atv or a pickup. Big difference in how you tow.

/ DR Power Grader #23  
One other note on the one that I built, was it was a 3ph unit, not a tow behind for a atv or a pickup. Big difference in how you tow.

I hear ya. I purchased it before I had my regular Tractor. I still use it to level some access road that is what I would call sugar sand, so it still gets some use.

/ DR Power Grader #24  
I work for DR in Tech Support.

It's great when owners talk amongst themselves and figure out how to best use their equipment. I will be randomly monitoring this site as well as others to see how our machines are getting used and we are always open to suggestions on how to improve them!

You mean it's great when people give the DR Power Grader free advertisement. Three posts, all raving about the DR Power Grader, if that's not an agenda, I don't know what is. Has anyone else noticed that a number of 1 post members replied to this thread saying how great the the DR Power Grader is? Coincidence? I don't think so.

Show me an uncut video, beginning to end, where the DR Power Grader is used on a hard-packed gravel road that hasn't been touched in several years. And if you'd like to see pictures of a gravel road like the one I mentioned, I'd be happy to post pictures of mine.

Mr. DR Power Grader man, are you up to the challenge or not? Don't tell me how great the DR Power Grader is, show me how great the DR Power Grader is. Yes, I'm throwing down the gauntlet, because I'm in a mood, and hate it when rabbits leave droppings all over my favorite forum.

/ DR Power Grader #25  
So, if my neighbor has a 40 horse kubota with a 5' box blade and has given me the keys, I'm guessing I don't need the DR to take care of my 500 foot gravel driveway, right?

/ DR Power Grader #26  
So, if my neighbor has a 40 horse kubota with a 5' box blade and has given me the keys, I'm guessing I don't need the DR to take care of my 500 foot gravel driveway, right?

Not if you know how to use a box blade. A few days ago, I graded my driveway with a 6 foot box blade and it turned out great.

It's funny, but I had forgotten all about this thread. I guess Mr. DR Power Grader man wasn't up to my little challenge, because he seems to have vanished.

/ DR Power Grader #27  
I tried using it again today to level about 400' after I dug a trench and laid down electric and water to my new barn. There was not a single rock in the stuff we trenched and the dirt/sand was not packed - it had just been dug up on Friday.

I used my Rhino to tow it as my FarmTrac has AG tires and I thought the grader would be lighter and the Rhino would not sink into the lose dirt as badly as the tractor.

Bottom line is the wife and I both have blisters from hand raking the trench to make it level :( . That worked great - the Power Grader- not so much...

/ DR Power Grader #28  
I just purchased the 60" remote power grader this week.
Used it less than 2 hours on 1/4 mile crusher-run hard packed gravel road after a rain with ruts & potholes. 4 passes with 18hp TroyBilt lawn tractor with 50# sand in grader box fixed it.
After another 2 or 3 weeks of rain I may need to do it again

/ DR Power Grader #29  
4 single post members in this thread? They don't seem to have much else to say. And I thought I was conservative posting 34 times per year for 10 years!

Kevin

/ DR Power Grader #30  
You had time to go back and look at post counts on a 4 year old thread that only has 29 entries? :laughing:

At least the latest post joined this month! :)