DR Power Grader

/ DR Power Grader #31  
I just purchased the 60" remote power grader this week.
Used it less than 2 hours on 1/4 mile crusher-run hard packed gravel road after a rain with ruts & potholes. 4 passes with 18hp TroyBilt lawn tractor with 50# sand in grader box fixed it.
After another 2 or 3 weeks of rain I may need to do it again

Welcome to TBN! :thumbsup:

/ DR Power Grader #32  
4 single post members in this thread? They don't seem to have much else to say. And I thought I was conservative posting 34 times per year for 10 years!

Kevin

Well, stop being so shy, TBNer's do not bite. At least I don't think they do, unless it is biting into a crisp pickle. :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Later,
Dan

/ DR Power Grader #33  
You had time to go back and look at post counts on a 4 year old thread that only has 29 entries? :laughing:

At least the latest post joined this month! :)

It was brought to my attention when someone replied to the thread YESTERDAY, 1 1/2 hours before I posted. In addition to that, I've been interested in the product. I don't take all posts at face value when researching a product. That's why I scrutinized the positive reviews.

Kevin

/ DR Power Grader #34  
Sorry if I offended some people that think I should not post to an old thread. NOT
If it is not proper to post to threads of a certain date the forum moderators should close the thread.

I posted on my first day. I read some anti-DR posts & had other experiences with DR.

/ DR Power Grader #35  
It was brought to my attention when someone replied to the thread YESTERDAY, 1 1/2 hours before I posted. In addition to that, I've been interested in the product. I don't take all posts at face value when researching a product. That's why I scrutinized the positive reviews.

Kevin

Hey Kevin, if your interested in one, mine is available for $500 if you can figure out how to get it to your neck of the woods. My opinion has not changed since I posted this last year, so just to be sure I wasn't being harsh, I disked my driveway, then tried the grader again. The driveway looks great now that I ran my new drag harrow over it after the DR didn't work.

/ DR Power Grader #36  
Sorry if I offended some people that think I should not post to an old thread. NOT
If it is not proper to post to threads of a certain date the forum moderators should close the thread.

I posted on my first day. I read some anti-DR posts & had other experiences with DR.

Heck no one's offended. Old threads aren't closed here for a reason.... they may still be useful and someone might want to bring a new idea to an old discussion or ask a follow up question, project research, etc....

Again, welcome to TBN! :D

/ DR Power Grader #37  
Battery going dead on Dr Power Grader. I used to work for DR and we'd get a lot of calls about "why did my battery die so quickly?" If you go to one of my blog posts, you'll see a simple explanation for this. DR® Power Equipment Replacement Batteries | Guaranteed, Top Quality, DR® Power Discount Replacement Batteries and read the top post on the homepage. I've never used one but like people on here say, they are pretty pricey but then again, not everyone has the ability to build up one in their shop.

/ DR Power Grader #38  
Yes do not try and use anything less than 24 Hp and better is 35hp. Do your self a favor and buy from another company that will stand being there equipment. and not tell you to do with out it for over 2 months of your warranty time. As they do not have the part you need and will be months until they get it. I bought this to redo my drive as it is lime rock and in the summer rain makes it bad. Now I am doing with out it July Aug and Sept. I am wishing id never heard of them and will not buy from them again.

/ DR Power Grader #39  
Thanks for all the posts. I think I will continue to use my Bush Hog RO-072 ROBB and Land Pride GS2584 grading scraper to maintain my mile long, harder than concrete, driveway. I don't even think it would take two passes down my drive to turn that DR into scrap metal. And here, if you wait for rain to soften the driveway, you best have comfy, long-term accommodations available. I'm a firm believer in heavy iron - and the heavier the better. I have, also, a 400# cast concrete weight that goes on either implement before I use it on the driveway.

Last edited: