Contractor disappeared

/ Contractor disappeared #27  
My foundation contractor disappeared for a couple weeks. He finally return my calls and now he wants more $$$ to continue the work.:mad: :mad: He gave me a written bid for the foundation work and I agreed to the bid without any negotiation on the price. So far, he had spent 1 day on the job. He said it turns out to be a lot more work than he originally thought. The concrete cost more (his cost at $141 per year and concrete truck idling time at $3 per minute because of my location...) and he forgot to include the sand in the original bid???? It will need about 10 yard of sand at $40 per yard.
He's willing to remove the forms that he already did, walk away and I owe him nothing or ... agree to pay him all these extra charges if I want him to continue. What he said may be true and I don't mind pay him the extra but I'm a little concern about his action? Why didn't he just tell me right away instead of disappeared and avoided my calls for 2 weeks. I have to chase him down to find out why he didn't continue the work.... What do you think? Fire him or pay the extras?

I'd shoo the jackass away and tell everyone you know who is planning on having any concrete work done to steer clear of him. It's jerks like this who give the rest a bad name. "I forgot", I didn't know, ya gotta be kidding me. They are supposed to know what they are doing. It's not Ted Macs amature hour.
Find someone who knows what they are doing and can work in a professional manner. I don't know where you are but I know a really good concrete guy in Yuba City. He just did some work for me last summer and I gave him a big fat him a bonus because he did so well. But if he crossed ya after I recommended him, he'd know that I'd hunt him down. LOL However if you go out looking for the cheapest, rock bottom bid, then you probably already know what you can expect.

Fer pity sake the thread is as old as methuselah. Why is it still here?

/ Contractor disappeared #28  
Found this in a search, having a very similar problem with a fence contractor, didn't notice the date.

BUT.... I'm getting a 3pt fence post vibrator, fence roll holder attachment in 6 more days when the public notice expires.

/ Contractor disappeared #29  
Fool me once - shame on you. Fool me twice - shame on me!

/ Contractor disappeared #30  
Fire him and shoot him if he trespasses on your property to get his abandoned forms.

Thread hasn't been updated since 2006 and OP hasn't posted here on TBN since 2010, so I imagine the problem is resolved by now!