lucked out on the 1st big storm of the year

/ lucked out on the 1st big storm of the year #1  

deere755

Platinum Member
Tractor
Case 2090 Massey Ferguson 4233 John Deere 4700
Well Illinois was hit with its first big winter storm of the year and we were just on the edge of getting the bad stuff. We were at the hopital in Decatur this morning and I could not believe all the down trees and power lines. Decatur is about 30 mile from our home. The hospital was running on a generator. There are alot of people that lost power late Thursday night and still are with out tonight. I traveled through St Louis yesterday and it was a real mess with traffic accidents all over the place. I was glad to get back home.

/ lucked out on the 1st big storm of the year #2  
It started snowing here (SE WI) at 3am and stopped about noon. 12+" on the ground. Plowing over an unfrozen driveway is no fun. There's gonna hafta be a lot of gravel rearranging in the spring.

/ lucked out on the 1st big storm of the year #3  
midlf said:
It started snowing here (SE WI) at 3am and stopped about noon. 12+" on the ground. Plowing over an unfrozen driveway is no fun. There's gonna hafta be a lot of gravel rearranging in the spring.

And I had the same very heavy snow!
Bob

/ lucked out on the 1st big storm of the year #4  
Hannibal MO. here, we had a little sleet then about last midnight it came on hard and fast, had about 12 inches here on a bit of ice.

Today I spent the day clearing friends, family, drives. In the middle of all of it my 2001 dodge 4 w/d blew a frezze plug. Two small holes and a lot of steam dead in the middlle of the street, got it changed. More fun tomorrow.

Good luck all.

Roger

/ lucked out on the 1st big storm of the year #5  
We were lucky in that we never lost power... started off with about 1/2" of ice from hours of sleet. That was followed by 12 inches of snow.

Little tractor got a work-out yesterday as I cut a path through 3'+ drifts in the driveway. :)