Anyone up for the egg trick?

/ Anyone up for the egg trick? #11  
mjarrels said:
Another interesting thing is that when south of the equator water will drain counter clockwise and when on the equator water does not want to drain at all.

mark

From Bad Coriolis
"The Coriolis force is so small, that it plays no role in determining the direction of rotation of a draining sink anymore than it does the direction of a spinning CD. The direction of rotation of a draining sink is determined by the way it was filled, or by vortices introduced while washing. ... The direction of rotation of a draining toilet is determined by the way the water just under the rim is squirted into the bowl when it is flushed."

/ Anyone up for the egg trick? #12  
mjarrels said:
and when on the equator water does not want to drain at all.mark

They must have the same plumber as I do.:D

/ Anyone up for the egg trick? #13  
Hmmm, my son took a cruise completely around the world as his semester abroad. Instead of studying in one country he attended Semester at Sea, basically a floating university.
On the ship the same toilets, above the equator the toilets flushed in one direction, below the equator they flushed in a different direction. I am sure there was no changing of the direction of the water or any type of adjustment to the toilets, it was jsut the same toilets. So there appears to be fact behind this phenomana. I know I spelled that last word wrong, for sure!

/ Anyone up for the egg trick? #14  
In 1982 I actually conducted a scientific experiment when in college on this. I had the fortune that on spring break, my father & I went down to Peru S. America.

During the time we spent there, one place we went to was Nasca (sp?) to see the lines in the desert.

That night, I believe we stayed in "Ica" at a seaside hotel. (had one of the best hamburgers of my life I might add... probably Llama meat :eek: )

Regardless... while there I conducted my scientific study... I got violently ill and had to run to the bathroom while I vomited violently.

Seeing as I was "right there" to make my scientific study, I flushed the toilet and paid attention to the results.

Unfortunatly today, I do not remember those results!~~

:p

/ Anyone up for the egg trick?
Richard said:
In 1982 I actually conducted a scientific experiment when in college on this. I had the fortune that on spring break, my father & I went down to Peru S. America.

During the time we spent there, one place we went to was Nasca (sp?) to see the lines in the desert.

That night, I believe we stayed in "Ica" at a seaside hotel. (had one of the best hamburgers of my life I might add... probably Llama meat :eek: )

Regardless... while there I conducted my scientific study... I got violently ill and had to run to the bathroom while I vomited violently.

Seeing as I was "right there" to make my scientific study, I flushed the toilet and paid attention to the results.

Unfortunatly today, I do not remember those results!~~

:p
Moral of story: Stay away from llama meat, it will make you sick and cause you to loose your memory.

/ Anyone up for the egg trick? #16  
BTDT said:
Moral of story: Stay away from llama meat, it will make you sick and cause you to loose your memory.

It apparently works at a long distance away too. I have had similar memory losses and have, as far as I know, never been close to a llama.

Harry K