Christmas came.....Early !!!

/ Christmas came.....Early !!! #1  

scott_vt

Tractor
1986 MF 1040, 1942 Farmall A, 1949 Farmall Super A
Afternoon Boys,
Well, I did some machine work for my farmer buddy down the road. Parts for his sawmill and I made new stainless valve seats for his fathers Dixie Chopper. And today I got an early Christmas present ! Whoppee ! :)

He gave me a Taylor Way disc harrow, I measure about 80 " across the back gang. 3 PT Hitch style. Any harrow guys out there ? 6 1/2' ft ? He also wanted to give me two sickle mowers for a Farmall C, and I guess I turned them down and offered to try and sell them.

Every once in awhile I have a good day :)

Merry Christmas !

Attachments

• Harrow.jpg
    Harrow.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 433
  • Sicklemower.jpg
    Sicklemower.jpg
    163.1 KB · Views: 308
   / Christmas came.....Early !!! #2  
Looks like you did good there Scotty.

Now lets see them in action!!!!!

Eddie

/ Christmas came.....Early !!! #3  
Looks like the mower I have for my Farmall C except mine has one wheel that spins 360 degrees.

mark

/ Christmas came.....Early !!! #4  
Morning Scott.
Nothing like some good ole yankee trading every now and than...looks like cabin fever won't be problem for you this year. ;)

/ Christmas came.....Early !!! #5  
EVENING SCOTTY,
Some guys have all the luck.:) :) If I know you they will be looking good as new soon,in a farmall color.:D :D I bet the best way to get the rust off them harrow disks is USE IT,that is if your ground aint froze yet.MERRY CHRISTMAS ,santa certainly knows youve been good!
ALAN

/ Christmas came.....Early !!! #6  
Looks like a nice, heavy disc Scotty. I borrowed one a few years back and it was similar. The adjustable angle is nice. Worked great to work our retired corn field into something of a building lot. Keep the bearings greased and it should last a lifetime.

/ Christmas came.....Early !!! #7  
scotty is that sickle a 3pt mount? it's a little hard to tell in the pics

/ Christmas came.....Early !!!
Merry Christmas Guys,
Thanks for the replies !!!

Eddie, I probablly wont get to use it till next year :(

Alan, I have been verrry gooood ! :)

JPM, no its not a 3 pt, there are brackets that bolt the axle housing on the C

Thomas, now I need to get the plow !

Rob, I will probablly be able to hand that disc down to someone with the amount that I will use it !:)

Its goin in the back of the pickup on friday and goin to Vt. Hope my Massey can lift it up, it looks heavy :)

Hope you all had a great Christmas !