corn for eating recommendation

/ corn for eating recommendation #11  
sugar ace for bicolor and silver queen for white corn.

i prefer the silver queen, i like texture and the way the kernels snap off as you chew.

/ corn for eating recommendation
Thanks for all the responses folks! I had my heart set on a bicolor (mostly because we get some on Long Island that is fantastic, but I don't know the variety) but, the silver queen seems to have a loyal following. This leads me to another question. I've heard that some corn varieties don't play nice when the are planted near each other. So how far apart would I have to plant separate kinds...100ft...1000ft?

/ corn for eating recommendation #13  
I've been growing peaches and cream every year for 10 years or more,grows even when its real dry,like last year,,100 ft should be plenty enough room between different kinds,maybe not down wind? I just grow the one kind but every now and than I grow popcorn and its never more than 100-150 ft away with no problems,,,,,
That old fart oiling his corn ears must not be planting a very big patch? thingy

/ corn for eating recommendation #14  
How about Golden Bantam? Tastes like corn, not just sugar. Also has a short shelf life. Kind of old fashioned.

My understanding is that different types, i.e. hybrid groups, need to be seperated by 100 feet OR 14 days. This is to prevent cross pollination.

/ corn for eating recommendation #15  
Silver Queen is great but some folks just don't like white corn.
If thats the case then try Golden queen, same strain but the kernals are yellow.

We prefer Silver Queen but back when I sold corn Golden Queen was the most popular.

Another standard is Merit, it's not nearly as sweet but gives good big ears.

Like the song say's, I don't want to live where corn don't grow :D