Best way to get water 300' away.

/ Best way to get water 300' away. #21  
"By going to 1" poly/sch 40 PVC those numbers drop to 2.73 psi/hundred feet and 2.40 psi/per hundred feet respectively"

the purpose of filling the tank at night was to avoid pressure problems with daytime household duties. If you just wanted to fill a tank would pressure matter? whats the price diff between 3/4 and 1" poly? dont know. just through it out there.

You are right, when I ran my line 300' to my barn I used 1" poly woudnt dream of using anything smaller if i cared about pressure.

/ Best way to get water 300' away. #22  
I have been putting irrigation in for 20 years. It depends on your well and how much flow you want to use in your garden at one time. If you are only using drip tubing, 3/4 inch will be fine. But if you will be using some bigger lawn sprinkler heads, you should go with 1 inch. I take it your well is only a 1/4 or 1/2 horse pump, and they usually only put out about 10 gallons per minute. So the one inch would be as big as you would want to go. I myself would put in black poly, for the cost and being so simple to just lay in trench. If the line will have pressure all the time, make sure you double clamp with all stainless screw clamps. Whichever way you go, the line will have to be blown out before winter. IF you go the PVC route, that even will have to be blown out more than poly. IF the least little bit settles in a low spot of the pipe it will crack for a long ways. Black poly will be okay if only a small amount is left in pipe. It has a little give to it, but should still be winterized. There are remote valves available that run off a 9 volt battery if you dont want to run 120 volts out to your garden to put a controller in. Or just use a manual valve if you want too. The drippers are a good idea to go right down the row, without wasting a lot of water where you dont need it. Hope this helps:D

/ Best way to get water 300' away. #23  
Good post, you speak from experience. I've got a campground with a mile or so of 3/4'' black poly and the longest run is hundreds of yards from the last pump and I get a lot of water out of it. Give me a couple of months and I can measure it for you. I also have a nice little setup for winterizing that has all but eliminated freezup's and broken lines due to the low spots you spoke of. I first blow the lines out with an air compressor then use a 5 gallon bucket and a utility pump to put a gallon or more(depending on the length of the line) of RV antifreeze in the pipe, then put the air back to the line and push the slug to whatever outlet. I have a header setup so the air compressor and pump stay connected and I just open and close valves depending on what I need. I use this setup to winterize trailers, also.