Harman Coal Stoves

/ Harman Coal Stoves #1  

mjarrels

Elite Member
Tractor
1949 farmall, 1961 Fordson Dexta, 1986 Duetz Allis, 2001 Kubota.
Currently burning a Harman magnafire mark II coal stove... Spiral flame... problem is the spiral flame is now part of the glass door. Tried everything to clean the glass but nothing seems to work. Any suggestions?

"You might be a redneck if your retirement is in collector plates"

mark

/ Harman Coal Stoves #2  
Our Earthstove used to have a glass door. Was always hard to see thru, it got broke one night when I dropped a log on it, so I ended up welding a piece of plate steel on the inside of the door. Any pics. Sounds like an interesting unit.

/ Harman Coal Stoves #3  
I have used oven cleaner on the fireplace glass door with good success.:D

/ Harman Coal Stoves #4  
My in-laws use easy-off oven cleaner on their wood burner glass door panel a couple times a year. Works fine.

/ Harman Coal Stoves #5  
Mornin Mark,
Harman is the TOP of the line, very nice stoves !!!

If you have any wood ashes around, dampen some newspaper and dip into the ashes and then on a cool glass door try polishing the glass with the damp newspaper coated with ashes.

/ Harman Coal Stoves #6  
We use a cleaner for the glass stove stop burners. Works real well and it does not take much to clean the glass. Any appliance store including the big box stores should sell the stuff.

Later,
Dab

/ Harman Coal Stoves #7  
I own a Mark III, and have not attempted to clean the glass,
as I replaced mine in November when an errant ball found
it and it shattered. (stove was not burning)
Here is a great resource for coal burning, stove tips,
etc.. I'm sure you can search and find your answer
here.
Anthracite Coal Forum

if not, register and post your question, there are many
stove dealers and coal experts to help you

:D

/ Harman Coal Stoves #8  
Harman are made not that far from where I live and they are good units. I sold the Alaska stoker coal stoves and wood stoves for six years. The glass on the stokers was always difficult to keep clean but the oven cleaner is a good idea. We sold a product made especially for the glass, I'll check in the garage and try and find the name.

/ Harman Coal Stoves #9  
Yep, oven cleaner works great. I have a Harmon Mark II and it also works great. I also have a AHS Multifuel boiler in my garage ( coal/wood/oil) to heat the whole house. I burn mostly coal in it and it is an awesome and very efficient unit.

I am also a member of the coal forum Dutch mentioned. if you ever have a coal stove question/issue, they are all very knowledgeable over there and very nice people.