Police officers view on Semi-auto guns

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Police officers view on Semi-auto guns #1  

goodoleboy

Gold Member
Tractor
Still looking since thats half the fun!
Being landowners we have the opportunity to shoot on our own property as oppsoed to city people. We cherish our rights to do so and most here are firearms owners.
Today its banning Semi auotmatic firearms, tommorow its a scoped Bolt gun (aka Sniper rifle).

A good video link below to pass along if you get the chance to the ill-informed.

BTW, The Right To Bear Arms is NOT about hunting so remember this next time someone brings up legislation.

YouTube - The Truth About Semi-Auto Firearms

Last edited:
   / Police officers view on Semi-auto guns #2  
Thanks,

Great informative video - I'll be sharing this link with others. This should be mandatory viewing for the news media, elected officials and the BATF.

Thanks again :)

/ Police officers view on Semi-auto guns #3  
Interesting video. I wholeheartedly agree with the fact our rights continue to erode, and we need to do all in our power to prevent it. I sincerely hope I live to see a day when the NFA, import ban, and other repressive laws are eliminated. It is my belief that banning items is not appropriate. It didn't work for alcohol, hasn't worked for drugs, and hasn't helped keep firearms out of the hands of people who intend to do bad deeds. As such, Americans need to wake up and realize we as individuals are responsible for our own safety and security. It's a message not many want to hear, but it's the only message that will result in a continuing free society.

Sorry for digressing a bit... This is one of my "main" political decision makers.

/ Police officers view on Semi-auto guns #4  
If the law needs to be changed, the answer may be found in England. If you commit a crime using a firearm, the sentence is life in prison, no questions asked.

/ Police officers view on Semi-auto guns #5  
Like they said, too bad, to Feinstein, Boxer, Pelosi and the other gun grabbers will never see this and wake up.

/ Police officers view on Semi-auto guns #7  
The only problem I see with the video is that he states that only law enforcement and the military may own full automatic weapons. That is not true and the 6 full automatic submachine guns and machine guns in my weapons vault are owned leagaly. All you have to do to own a full automatic weapon is apply for and purchase a ATF tax stamp. It's about a 4-6 month process but it's not hard. Fill out the ATF Form 4 along with the background info paperwork and a finger print card, mail in your application and wait several month's while they do a background investigation on you and then they send you your tax stamp. Once you have it you can go pick up your full automatic weapon at the store.

In anycase it was a good informative video for the ill informed.

/ Police officers view on Semi-auto guns #8  
ToadHill said:
If the law needs to be changed, the answer may be found in England. If you commit a crime using a firearm, the sentence is life in prison, no questions asked.

You can also take an example from England, a country with extensive gun bans in place, yet they still have gun crime. It is probably far easier for a criminal since they can have a pretty good expectation that their prey will not be armed with a gun.

The officer in the video did an excellent job.

/ Police officers view on Semi-auto guns #9  
who in the world is trying to ban semi auto guns?

/ Police officers view on Semi-auto guns #10  
Schmism,

McCarthy from NY has introduced HR 1022 (nice number, is it a hit at Ruger?), it is everything that the 1994 ban had but on steroids. Do a quick google of HR 1022 and read the details.

steve

Status
Not open for further replies.