oil prices

/ oil prices #1  

mechanic

Silver Member
Anybody know what's up with gas prices again. We have a new congress and nothing has changed. The oil companies are up to their old tricks of raising prices again. What if all the stores raised their prices on things we buy every few days. I think we ought ban against oil companies and not buy their lousy gas and make them eat it.

/ oil prices #2  
The TV said the high demand for jet fuel is what is doing it this time. Its like putting a frog in a pan of water. Turn the temp up slow and it'll sit there until it boils. If they turn up the heat too fast the frod (us) would jump right out of the pot. Mike

/ oil prices #3  
The congressional elections are over, they can resume the gouging but they have to be a little slower and less obvious about it this time.

/ oil prices #4  
Well spring break is coming up and its getting close to summer again and that means high gas prices. Down here it went from 2.00 to 2.35 a gallon in a weeks time.

/ oil prices #5  
mechanic said:
I think we ought ban against oil companies and not buy their lousy gas and make them eat it.

Mornin Mechanic,
I really like that idea..... but its 5 degrees out with the wind blowing 45 mph and the 6 mile walk to work might be a bit much ;)

/ oil prices #6  
I would think government has little control over oil pricing. They do control the tax on it, and I don't believe that has been changed, yet.
I would imagine the foreign producers and the markets are the real price controls.

/ oil prices #7  
An 11 page thread from Summer, 2006, Click Here. Same topic.

/ oil prices #8  
If everyone just cut back 5 gallons per week of consumption.....

/ oil prices #9  
I'm buying bottled water instead.

/ oil prices #10  
SkyPup said:
I'm buying bottled water instead.

Bottled water! I remember the first bottled water I ever saw for sale. It was for ironing and came in a gallon jug . You know, those new fangled irons that had steam. Then, years later, came along bottled drinking water. I thought to myself, who in the world will ever buy this? I figured it was some kind of fad but I guess I was wrong :D