TSC Coming to Amsterdam, NY

/ TSC Coming to Amsterdam, NY #1  

JJT

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L3710 HST and a Kubota ZD21 60Pro
Folks, Good news for us central/upstate New Yorkes. I got a reply from my email to TSC, "Thank you for visiting the Tractor Supply Company web site. The city of Amsterdam, NY will be the home of a new Tractor Supply Company store within the next two to three months. Thanks for your interest!" I was hoping they would reopen the Cobleskill store, but I can live with TSC in Amsterdam. JJT

/ TSC Coming to Amsterdam, NY #2  
I have heard that the Fredonia, NY store is going to be a TSC but do not think Jamestown, NY is going to be because they put up a for sale or lease sign in the window which means TSC didn't pick up that building. I am closer to Fredonia anyways so am happy but we do a lot of work near Jamestown and it was nice to be able to stop there if we needed some lags or bolts and various other things. Any word on the Springville,NY store, is it going to stay open?

/ TSC Coming to Amsterdam, NY #3  
Thanks for emailing them for us. I went to the Farm Family store in Amsterdam 2 days ago and the place was picked clean. All I could think as I walked around the store was what a shame it was that it was closing. I really need a store for some purchases that I plan to make this spring, as well as having a place to go for parts and supplies. This is really good news, please keep us posted as to when they will be having the grand opening.

/ TSC Coming to Amsterdam, NY
If it's part/supplies you need, try LJ Hands in Glen, ~14 miles south west of the Amsterdam CT Farm/Country. If it's farm or tractor related LJ's has it. He's in the hamlet of Glen, (Fultonville mailing address), on Rt 161, 300 yards east of the Rt 30A and Rt 161 intersection. If you're coming from Amsterdam take Rt 30 south to Rt 161, LJ's will be on your left. If you hit 30A you've gone too far, turn around and backtrack 300 yards.

/ TSC Coming to Amsterdam, NY #5  
How about coming from Saratoga NY ? I usually take RT 29 West to 30 then go south on 30 to get to Farm Family. Do I just continue to go south on 30 until I hit 161 ? Is he there at the intersection of 30 and 161 ? Does he carry Kubota ? How are the prices ? Thanks again for keeping us up to date !! Maybe I'll see you at the TSC Grand Opening .......

Continue on 30 heading south, 2 - 3 miles south of Amsterdam you will take a right on to Rt161, go another 8 miles and you'll see LJ Hands on the left, (Rt 161 connects 30 and 30A. No Kubota's or tractors of any brand, strictly farm equipment/supplies and tractor parts with excellent prices. Opening the door is a step back in time - picture your grandfather's harware store/farm store, friendly help, no computers and nobody's in a mad rush to get in and out, (farmers swapping stories).

/ TSC Coming to Amsterdam, NY #7  
So before you could reply, I went down 30 looking for 161 and I found the store. Boy you are right. I expected to see a modern well lit store. What I found was exactly what you describe. But that is fine with me, just up my alley, and man do they have lots of parts. Funny, I was there about 5 minutes and someone called needing a part, the man at the counter said "we are closing up, but come on down and knock, I'm bound to hear you and I'll let you in". Don't hear that sort of response in stores these days! No matter what happens with TSC, I'm sure Ill be going to this store. Thanks

/ TSC Coming to Amsterdam, NY #8  
That's good news that TSC will be in Amsterdam, I'm closer to Cobleskill but Amsterdam is better than no store at all. I'll have to try LJ Hands also. Does LJ Hands carry 3 point implements like tillers and finish mowers? I was hoping pick up a tiller and finish mower this Spring.
Pokbill

LJ Hands carries a handful of 3pt implements, (blowers and backblades in the winter, rotary cutters in the summer). He can order most anything.

/ TSC Coming to Amsterdam, NY #10  
FYI- I was at the Oneonta Farm and Family yesterday. I never was there before, it was a much better store than Amsterdam or Cobleskill(as John Miller III told me it was!).

They still have a lot of stuff in the Oneonta store.

Three point implements: middle busters, carry alls, dirt scoops, 5 ft landscape rakes, one box blade. The employees were very nasty and not helpful. The only price they would give me (without promising to buy on the 3 point implements) was $69 for the middle busters. It was all 30% off for any tractor stuff.

They still have a lot of garden supplies and hardware. We got a ton of garden supplies. A few years worth of stuff to start our own seeds in. Most garden supplies were 40% off.

They still had a lot of Carart clothes, and other clothes and shoes, boots, etc.

That store is still worth going to.

I talked to several employees, and they told me when they sell out all the stock, they're going to close for a few weeks to paint and clean up, and reopen as a TSC. So we now know that Oneonta will reopen!!

Rich
"What a long strange trip it's been."