barley seed?

/ barley seed? #1  

forgeblast

Elite Member
Tractor
John Deer 318
Hi all looking for a place that sells, barley seed that can be malted. Either 2 row or 6 row. I cant seem to find anyplace that sells them on the net, and there is no store near me that i could find that sells it either.
Anyone have any idea where to buy some.
Thanks
Forgeblast

/ barley seed?
Thanks i will contact them to see if barley grass, can be malted. the other site howe will need to be called too.
thank you,
Forgeblast

/ barley seed? #4  
I'm not sure of either of those types of barley seed are for malting. One is for barley grass and one for pond filtering? I guess they will malt since they grow, but it depends on what you want to use it for.

Are you going to be brewing with the malt? Some years back I went in with a guy on a sack of brewers barley seed. Part of the "Beer from Dirt" project. (Barley, Hops and water all from my property.) For the life of me I can't remember where we ordered it from, but I'll keep thinking about it. Just saw the remainder of the sack out in the barn last night.

/ barley seed?
thats what i plan on doing. I have the book the homebrewers garden. I have my hop plants ordered. I want to do it from the ground up to see what type of product i can obtain.
But yes i need it to malt, for its sugar content to feed the yeasts.
Thank you for looking,
Forgeblast

/ barley seed? #6  
Can't help with the barely seed but if using purchased seed directly and not for planting make sure it has not had some type of treatment applied.

May the Brewmeister be with you!:D :D :D

/ barley seed? #7  
This might help. Idaho is where they grow the barley for Anheiser Bush (sp)??

Idaho Malt

/ barley seed?
Thanks that looks like a great site.
Appreciate the link,
Forgeblast