Farm Photos

/ Farm Photos #1  

N80

Tractor
Kubota L4400 4wd w/LA 703 FEL
Photography is one of my hobbies. Doesn't mean I'm good at it but I have fun doing it. I have the good fortune of owning property next to a farm owned by my wife's sister and her husband. They have three daughters (my neices) and my daughter is the same age as their youngest and they spend a lot of time together on the farm. I thought I'd share a few photos of them working on the farm.

This is them returning to the barn after moving a herd. That line of trees behind them is where my property starts. My daughter is on the right:

1091Marlborocrew.jpg

This is my oldest neice going after a stray:

1091Cutting.jpg

This is my daughter moving a herd:

1091MAherd.jpg

There are a few more of these in my photography gallery here:

Nikonians Photo Galleries - N80's Personal Album

/ Farm Photos #2  
Let me guess, all shots taken with a telephoto or zoom lens.
I love Nikon's !!
Jim

/ Farm Photos #3  
Nice pictures. Looks like a nice place and a lot of work. The girls look like they put in a day.

/ Farm Photos #4  
Now that's something you don't see everyday....youngsters out working the heard etc...indeed,scrape book pictures to cherish in years to come.

/ Farm Photos #6  
Great pictures. It is wonderful to see kids having fun yet being helpful to the adults at the same time. Not enough of this is happening in this day and age. :)

/ Farm Photos #7  
Great pictures! Excellent subjects and a beautiful setting.

/ Farm Photos #8  
Great pictures and story.

Your post has started my day out with a smile.

Thanks,
Eddie

/ Farm Photos #9  
Doesn't mean I'm good at it but I have fun doing it.

It appears to me that you're pretty good at it; much better than I am, unfortunately for me. That looks like a great life for the girls.

/ Farm Photos
My neices are pretty incredible by today's standards. They've all been driving the farm jeeps and pick-ups (on the farm), since about age 10. They drive various tractors, in proportion to their ages. They are all good riders. The oldest, now in college, does barrel racing at rodeos with her college team. They grumble and fuss on occasion about all the work, because they are kids, but it is pretty uncommon and when they get down to it they can outwork a lot of men.

My daughter is pretty good on a horse (she normally rides English) but whenever we are down there, which is often, and they are moving cows, they always call her to help. And she loves it.