new water well

/ new water well #11  
there is a BIG difference between deep in OH and VA. Our well went 340 ft deep (some of the neighbors went +500 feet) and we are getting about 6.5 gal/min. The whole house water filter has not been changed since we moved in in Oct and there is absolutely no sediment/crud in the filter..

Good luck getting to clear up.. I remember a neighbor growing up that let his well run for days after the put it in.. Im guessing that was to clear it up as well, at the time I didnt understand what he was doing..

Brian

/ new water well
THe well was pounded. 8" hole all the way to the bottom. Pump is 10' off the bottom. Well makes 20 gallons per HOUR. So, you guys have clear water right away with a new well? Everyone around here I have to keep pumping it out until it clears up. I guess things are different depending on location. Like I said, this is a deeper than average well for the area. I had him go deeper so I would have more storage since the water vein was so small.

I have a low pressure switch, so the pump kicks off when the well is dry.

/ new water well #13  
I didn't catch the 20 per HOUR. I would definitely install an above ground storage tank to allow the well to produce water 24/7. Let's say you set a timer to run the well pump wide open for 15 mintues out of every hour. That will allow you to accumulate 400+ gallons per day. When your water needs are high, you will be drawing from the above ground reservoir. This is exactly the logic behind water towers all across America. Most municipal water systems cannot handle the water demands early in the day. If you drive by a water storage tank with the visible water level indicator on the side, you will see it full at about 5AM. Come back at 9AM and the tank is half full or less.

If you wanted to take 2 showers, run the dishwasher and the washing machine, you could do all those things in a two hour period. That would require at least 200 gallons. Your well and storage tank combo could be recovering all day long while you are gone. When you get home at night, you would have another 400 gallons in the tank ready to go.

/ new water well #14  
at the depth you have you well, and the fact that you are pumping an 8" hole dry the water that is running/trickling in up higher may be falling down into the well splashing the sides & knocking mud down into the water. if left settle I think it might clear up faster? like suggested above I would get a larger storage tank and a pre-filter filter water into the large pressure tank. if you keep sucking it dry under the premise the water flowing in is muddy then maybe it would clear up as cleaner water ran into it but I think pumping it dry when the vein was much higher than the pump level then the falling water is mudding it's self up I think.?

Just a thought, leave it set a few days and see if it clears up... better than running it dry daily with same results as my well has a vein like yours 30 something feet with 80' well & 68' pump eight. if it run it down to pump drys out then my water is muddy for day or so. as I think the falling water splashes onto pump & sides breaking free small muddy bits. I can hear the water splashing into the well when I pull the cap after bleaching & running it for a while but I have mostly stone from 12' down to the bottom so I have less sediment to disturb along the sidewalls & a 4" casing down to 28'... I believe that they hit water at 32' with mine. I'll have to look again as they are listed on-line for OHIO.

MarkM

/ new water well
I think it might be starting to clear up a little. The water is not a muddy brown color, its more white. It looks like a glass of water with an once of milk in it. My well is pretty much solid rock from 28' down to the bottom. Here is a picture. Anyone need drink?:)

water.jpg

/ new water well #16  
MDM said:
I think it might be starting to clear up a little. The water is not a muddy brown color, its more white. It looks like a glass of water with an once of milk in it. My well is pretty much solid rock from 28' down to the bottom. Here is a picture. Anyone need drink?:)

water.jpg

Does that clear up if let set?

Have you had a water test done yet. If it was a professional driller, a water test should have been part of the deal.

Harry K

/ new water well
No, it doesn't clear up. The driller was a state certified driller. The county will come out and do a test when I am ready.

/ new water well #18  
Looks like small particles of limestone. You should not need to buy any tums if you drink it. I still reccommend not pumping it dry. Let it setlle out at the bottom. Pump small amounts to keep water coming in.