Hay Elevator

/ Hay Elevator #1  

Lloyd_E

Veteran Member
Tractor
2008 Kioti DK 45 sc
Just purchased a used elevator. Orignal paint - very good shape. Used for 8 summers - couple hours per year. 20 ft in length - made by Provost

Paid $1200.00 Did I pay too much?

Lloyd

/ Hay Elevator #2  
I look at it this way: You needed it, you can afford it, you bought it. Its in the kind of shape that says 'It will work had for me NOW', not 'after I put a new motor in it', or 'it needs a new chain', or 'its really a grain elevator and will work ok for only 2 bales on it at once'. If its for your business, then its a deduction at tax time (at least here in the USA it is). 20' will get the job done. Now get a mow elevator to run them through the barn! This makes life easier, which is what these tools are supposed to do. Just don't get your hands or feet caught in it, 'cause that will ruin a great hay day. Check the power cord & plug, drive belt, sprockets, chain, safety shields and connections. Its getting close to 1st cutting !

/ Hay Elevator
zz,

I checked on used elevators after I posted. I believe now that I did get an awesome deal. Belt is not cracked. Everything is clean. There is a new cord on it...gentleman explained he caught the cord the first time using it - his inexperience. He suggested putting a heavier load cord on it plus longer and putting an inline switch in it as well. This will allow shutting it off both at the motor and perhaps in the loft. Good idea.

Many thanks for your reply.

Lloyd