oooops!

/ oooops! #1  

irwin

Veteran Member
Tractor
2004 Kubota L35TLB, '89' Cub Cadet 1541

Found this in my email.. anyone know the story.. I got nothing sent with pic.

/ oooops! #2  
There was a similar incident at the equipment yard I used to work at. A load of LeRoi air compressors came in by truck, he parked along our back fence. They set up a similar crane to swing units from truck to our side of yard. When they set up, one of the outriggers was over a shallow storm drain. When he swung around and started to pick up one of the air compressors, the outrigger poked right through asphalt, dirt, and into storm drain. No one hurt, but was scary.

/ oooops! #3  
Definately a change of shorts involved in that mess!

/ oooops! #6  
I am almost sure it is Los Angeles, either a hot tub or an AC unit was being installed. It happens all the time. No clear rules on equipment rental... We just had two huge crane accidents over the past few months. One was a 150' crane working at the busiest freeway intersection (405 and 101). Crane fell right out into the interstate - no one was seriously hurt, shorts were filled I am sure. What was crazy was that the operator had to be cut out of the machine in a special way because the engine was on top of him...

LAFD News & Information

The article on the whole thing from the firemans point of view is interesting...

The other was a hot tub going into a house in the Hollywood hills

/ oooops! #7  
Been something close to that in a 6K RT crane.

Guy grabbed a box and got swinging fairly fast, as he was going over onto his legs he could not get it stopped (or panicked as it went over)

He jumped out, I got to be the lucky one to get in and get it back upright....

I stood one on its side once, lifting an "empty" conex off my side, but basicly as I started lifting, I kept lifting till my opposite side pads lifted off the ground, at which point we went the other way.

When I got down and stomped over and opened the conex, the "empty" conex was stuffed top to bottom with toolboxes..... :(

It happens quicker then folks think especially when pivoting, your CG is changing so quick.

/ oooops! #8  
I've seen a number of these, but these are my favorites.

Attachments

• Crane-1.jpg
    Crane-1.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 352
  • Crane-2.jpg
    Crane-2.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 328
  • Excavator.jpg
    Excavator.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 334
   / oooops!
orezok said:
I've seen a number of these, but these are my favorites.

..those first two are just too much..thanks for posting them...oh boy the damage to drag on subcompact from the river..shoulda just used crane number 2. (no big smilie here due to serious nature of subject mater)

/ oooops! #10  
woodlandfarms said:
I am almost sure it is Los Angeles, either a hot tub or an AC unit was being installed. It happens all the time. No clear rules on equipment rental...

California now requires a crane operators license. The license process is no cakewalk. My crane operator had 20 years in the seat and had to take the written test twice. The test covers many more cranes than he had or will ever operate. He about freaked when he found out that he would need to know all about track crawlers! He has been in our Grove RT his entire career.