Funny thing happened, well kinda funny

/ Funny thing happened, well kinda funny #1  

waynokakid

Silver Member
Tractor
Yanmar F16D
My uncle was at the back of his property moving some old junk cars with his 8n. Just hooking a chain and dragging them behind an old house. As usual all he had on was sweatpants, tshirt and tennies. After several successes, he started hooking up another one and got his sweats caught in the pto. It grabbed ahold of them and started pulling them and him toward the tractor, which was idleing. He said all he thought to do was just brace himself. Well it tore his sweats and skivvies completly off of him. Didn't get him into the pto, luckily. So here is about 1/2 mile from home and all he has on is tshirt and tennies. He got back on the tractor and came home. Must of been some sight. Couldn't help but to snicker when he told me, but knowing it coulda been alot worse. He has been around tractors most of his life, 77, so goes to show ya. Can happen to anyone, and quickly!!!!

/ Funny thing happened, well kinda funny #2  
Glad we can laugh at this one. 99 times out of 100, that laughter would have been replaced with sorrow.

/ Funny thing happened, well kinda funny #3  
Boy...that had to be a sight!

Why was his PTO running if he was just towing cars?

/ Funny thing happened, well kinda funny #4  
Possibly time to rebuild some linkages. My old 8Ns both came to me with worn out linkages that caused the PTOs to run at random. Annoying to say the least. Fixed them both before using tho...

/ Funny thing happened, well kinda funny #5  
I don't think I would have told anyone!

mark

/ Funny thing happened, well kinda funny #6  
That's an Americas Funniest Video Moment - Now that's worth the 100k.

/ Funny thing happened, well kinda funny
I don't think I would of told anyone either. But he is the type of person that likes to brag about what he did or has done. Not sure why the pto was running. Maybe worn out linkage like defective said. It don't seem to bother him. Just an old tractor, like him.:p It does what he wants and thats enough. I wish could of been there with my camera. Probably would of been worth alot.

/ Funny thing happened, well kinda funny #8  
waynokakid said:
I don't think I would of told anyone either. But he is the type of person that likes to brag about what he did or has done. Not sure why the pto was running. Maybe worn out linkage like defective said. It don't seem to bother him. Just an old tractor, like him.:p It does what he wants and thats enough. I wish could of been there with my camera. Probably would of been worth alot.

Yeah, blackmail does pay well...

/ Funny thing happened, well kinda funny #9  
Most posts usually ask for pictures, I think we are all glad you didn't have your camera.

/ Funny thing happened, well kinda funny #10  
A while back I posted some very graphic pictures of PTO fatalities. I won't repost unless requested. Please stress to your family members the importance of pto/tractor safety. Despite how funny your uncle looked naked on the tractor, you wouldn't want your kids to find him dead with an arm, leg, or head ripped off. Young people are often influenced by horrific situations that end well and are funny to watch. Programs like "Jackass" are only funny because the participants live in spite of their attempts at death. PTOs go well beyond stupid stunts.
I'm not trying to beat up your uncle, he did that already. MikeD74T