Have you ever turned over a tractor?

/ Have you ever turned over a tractor? #1  

tallyho8

Elite Member
Who Dat Nation west of Westwego east of Ama south
Tractor
Kubota L4400, Kubota ZD326
I have read all the pros and cons of rops here in many threads with all the posters stating all the things that might happen to cause your tractor to flip or turn over. This makes me very curious as to how many of us have ever had a tractor turn over and lived to tell about it. I do not want to hear the pros and cons of rops as that has been discussed in many other threads.

If you have been lucky enough to have turned over a tractor and survived, would you be kind enough to give us a short explanation of what happened and why and whether or not you had a rops and/or were wearing a seatbelt?:confused:

/ Have you ever turned over a tractor? #2  
My wife put our JD 755 on its' side. She was mowing next to bank near our driveway and hit the forwards pedal when she meant to hit reverse. It went over slowly. It has ROPS, she was wearing her setbelt, not even a scratch.

After 30 years of tractoring this was our first ROPS tractor, and the first we tipped over.
Greg

/ Have you ever turned over a tractor? #3  
First overturn:

Some random old Farmall, got too close to the ditch, no ROPS, survival by dumb luck. :eek:

Last overturn:

Ford 8N, working in the bush, caught a wheel on a tree, ROPS, FOPS & belt newly installed, survival caused by intelligent caution. :cool:

There were a couple of other incidents in between. I've generally used my tractors in the bush. This is not an environment that is nice to tractors. I've learned over the years not to be concerned with IF it'll happen but with what to do to minimize damage WHEN it happens.

/ Have you ever turned over a tractor? #4  
tallyho8 said:
I have read all the pros and cons of rops here in many threads with all the posters stating all the things that might happen to cause your tractor to flip or turn over. This makes me very curious as to how many of us have ever had a tractor turn over and lived to tell about it. I do not want to hear the pros and cons of rops as that has been discussed in many other threads.

If you have been lucky enough to have turned over a tractor and survived, would you be kind enough to give us a short explanation of what happened and why and whether or not you had a rops and/or were wearing a seatbelt?:confused:

I died. No ROPS, no Seatbelt, no tractor, no mo.

I was a lurker then.

Roll Over

-Mike Z. :)

/ Have you ever turned over a tractor? #5  
I always think of this photo...

Not_Good.jpg

and drive a little more carefully. :(

Dougster

/ Have you ever turned over a tractor? #6  
Dougster said:
I always think of this photo...

Not_Good.jpg

and drive a little more carefully. :(

Dougster

That is one chilling picture Doug...:eek:

(aren't you suppose to be climbing through poison ivy now ?)

/ Have you ever turned over a tractor? #7  
irwin said:
That is one chilling picture Doug...:eek: (aren't you suppose to be climbing through poison ivy now ?)
I think you all want to see me suffer!!! :D Anyway, my "PI" job was postponed this morning due to heavy rain. I'll try again tomorrow morning! :)

Dougster

/ Have you ever turned over a tractor? #8  
aparently green tractors bleed green when they are injured... and spew chunks....

/ Have you ever turned over a tractor? #9  
schmism said:
aparently green tractors bleed green when they are injured... and spew chunks....
I believe that is the Lime Green blood of the hard-core "JD" aficionado that was driving that unfortunate beast... but then again, I could be wrong.

Dougster

/ Have you ever turned over a tractor? #10  
schmism said:

Wonder what happened, is that a, too high, trailer in corner of pic.? Was he taking it off, and it threw him/her off.?