accidents happen quick

/ accidents happen quick #1  

frank_f15

Super Member, Rest in Peace
Tractor
kubota b2400- R4 tires
this afternoon the Bride left for work, so i went out to the garage to check out some electrical circuits, pulled out a cabinet to get at an outlet, tractor was parked there, as i turned to go back to the panel, both shins hit the back blade and over i went, my head hit some steel shelving, and my elbow hit the concret, no major damage, but both my shin bones are sore, my elbow hurts and have a sight bruise on the head, MY point being, WE must be careful at all times. Thankful that this 66 yr old had no major dammage:) the back blade is fine;) evidently steel is tougher than my shins:D

/ accidents happen quick #2  
Thank goodness your OK, except for maybe some bruises and a headache.

I worry about hurting myself outside of yelling range from help. Keep my cellphone in my pocket.

/ accidents happen quick #3  
I, too, carry cell phone all the time, everywhere, in a case that protects it well from dust, dirt, moisture...unless I go swimming... I think that it is an all too often overlooked safety device... And, I have programmed a different "significant Other" number into each key, so at a single push of any key I am likely to get somebody who knows me and where I am likely to be and can call further if I can not.

Glad you are only brused :)

/ accidents happen quick #4  
Frank, does this mean you'll want disability payments as part of your job as president of the WNY group?

/ accidents happen quick #5  
frank_f15 said:
this afternoon the Bride left for work, so i went out to the garage to check out some electrical circuits, pulled out a cabinet to get at an outlet, tractor was parked there, as i turned to go back to the panel, both shins hit the back blade and over i went, my head hit some steel shelving, and my elbow hit the concret, no major damage, but both my shin bones are sore, my elbow hurts and have a sight bruise on the head, MY point being, WE must be careful at all times. Thankful that this 66 yr old had no major dammage:) the back blade is fine;) evidently steel is tougher than my shins:D

You will try anything to get out of driving me to our TBN lunch.

I am glad the back blade is ok. I am sure it crapped a few bolts when it see you coming down on it:eek:

I am also glad you are ok.

On brighter news my doctor called me today and told me I could take my brace off finally. I feel naked now but am glad not to have that thing cutting into my arms and hips all the time.

Take care of yourself Frank.

/ accidents happen quick #6  
Good to hear that you didn't suffer anything major! Concrete and steel are pretty unforgiving adversaries!

I hate cell phones... or more correctly, I strongly dislike the way most people use them. Constantly jabbering and carrying on in a state of sustained distraction--- oblivious to most everything and everyone around them!

However, they are a great means of getting help in situations where nothing else outside of a ELTB could alert others of your predicament. So, I carry one when I'm off kickin' in the dirt and knockin' trees down. Never know what a big limb might just go the wrong way or the tractor get in the way of a hole I didn't know was in that tall grass...

Headin' for 57 this year and gainin' on 66..

AKfish

/ accidents happen quick #7  
Frank maybe you should call Cellino and Barnes and sue the homeowner on that one . They will sue ANYONE Seriously we are glad you are ok. V

/ accidents happen quick #8  
vettemanwight said:
Frank maybe you should call Cellino and Barnes and sue the homeowner on that one . They will sue ANYONE Seriously we are glad you are ok. V

Sadly, I called my lawyer about my tractor dispute and told him about my situation. When I told him that I fell and was injured he instantly started talking about going after my employer. I told him that my employer was my father and he still wanted me to sue. I even told him it was my own fault as I made a mistake and by then he was finally getting the picture. I will never sue anyone let alone my own family over one of my mistakes. I can't stand the people who sue everyone and anyone at the drop of a hat.

/ accidents happen quick #9  
Frank, it sounds to me as if you were very lucky, and I'm glad you were. I know the older we get (I'll be 68 tomorrow) the harder on us those falls are. I'm not at all sure I could get up from a fall like that.:rolleyes:

/ accidents happen quick #10  
Detest cells, but have one and constantly 'misplacing it'.

Fortunately have a wonderful herding dog who is very devoted and would alert anyone if something happened to me. Kind of a furry alert system.