Getting old I guess

/ Getting old I guess #21  
We've had a relationship for well over 20 years

That makes a difference. Of course there are good and bad in every occupation or profession. I grew up in little towns where the doctor knew everyone, but I'm afraid in this area, most of the doctors wouldn't even recognize their patients on the street. They only know what's written down in the file they're looking at when they talk to you.

I had one doctor's visit at which the doctor asked how the prescription he gave me the last time was working. I told him that he never gave me a prescription. He said he did and I said he didn't about 3 times and he was getting mad at me for having the nerve to dispute what he was saying. I finally asked him to let me see what he was reading, then told him that wasn't my name on that file. He was obviously a bit embarrassed, but never even apologized; just left the room and came back with the right file.

/ Getting old I guess #22  
Bird said:
I finally asked him to let me see what he was reading, then told him that wasn't my name on that file. He was obviously a bit embarrassed, but never even apologized; just left the room and came back with the right file.

That's just scary...

/ Getting old I guess #23  
Finding a good dr is hard to do.. and I don't just mean a capable dr.. I mean one you are comfortable with. I finally found a good one about? 4ys ago.. nice lady.. younger than me.. my wife goes to her as well. She's treated many a farm injury I've come in with.. the ones that make you disrobe become a bit embarrising.. but that's par for the course right?

soundguy

/ Getting old I guess #24  
Showed up early for my 9am ortho appt. Was seen for approx 4 min for my dislocated finger at 1230pm. Smelled funny, on the way out saw teens of dominoes pizza boxes piled in the trash. Now know the drug reps were in town and a whole clinic shut down to eat pizza while we waited and waited and hungrily waited.

Those little dots that are bones will attach somewhere and probably not where the original design called for. My finger had a permanent curl to it and was told that is would just stay that way. Went to a better dr who had a spring splint made for it and it is straight now. Stretching ligaments to fit again is very painful but doable depending on how much you want to, but it is up to you and you really have to want to.

/ Getting old I guess #25  
I just read a news story this morning that Aetna and Cigna have decided to start paying for online office visits and they think the other insurance companies will follow suit, so the doctors can make that money and not even have to see you.:rolleyes:

/ Getting old I guess #26  
They will probably use dial up and charge by the second, minute, hour. Imagine the great lawsuits when it is all in writing!