Changed the lock on my workshop.

/ Changed the lock on my workshop. #1  

slowrev

Elite Member
Tractor
IH 2444
Went to town yesterday, when I got back and pulled the car up about 40ft from my workshop I was assualted by extremely strong laquer smell. Found one of the wifes cousins painting a car inside with a roaring fire going in he wood stove. And just a spraying away amongst the haze with a paint gun full of laquer.
And this is just a 2 stall workshop.

He got insulted and I am relieved to still have a workshop and all my tractors and such since they are in a shed on the rear of my workshop. guess who lost shop priviledges.

/ Changed the lock on my workshop. #2  
Dang, would that be your brother?
Also, ;) Should never give out keys to the liquor cabinet much less paint a car with the stuff. ;)

/ Changed the lock on my workshop.
zzvyb6 said:
Dang, would that be your brother?
Also, ;) Should never give out keys to the liquor cabinet much less paint a car with the stuff. ;)

Nope one of the wifes relatives. Now a Cussin of hers.
She was at least as mad as I was about it.
And I had told him no the day before on the painting.
New lock, if he gets back in now he goes to jail.

/ Changed the lock on my workshop. #4  
Sounds like the cousin may be a candidate to win a Darwin Award.

/ Changed the lock on my workshop. #5  
Yew kin choose yer friends, but yew kin Knot chewse yer kin! Yew air stuuk weth "em!!! Next itz gonna be "Kin I borroow yer traktor???"

/ Changed the lock on my workshop.
Redbug said:
Yew kin choose yer friends, but yew kin Knot chewse yer kin! Yew air stuuk weth "em!!! Next itz gonna be "Kin I borroow yer traktor???"

Already been there and he broke it so no more tractor loaning to him.
This guy is a good hearted guy but not the sharpest tool in the shed, and can break an anvil with a 2 pound hammer it seems.
The last time he wanted to borrow my tractor it was to clean up a junk yard for one of his buddies. I asked him if he was ready to replace about $800 worth of tires on it ?

/ Changed the lock on my workshop. #8  
Not very good hearted if he was told that he did not have your permission to paint the car in the shop and he did it anyway. And carelessly I might add. If he was my cousin-in-law, he'd now be on the permanent "list". No tools, vehicles or favors lent any more.

/ Changed the lock on my workshop. #9  
What, no cigarette in his mouth? I did not even know you could get automotive lacquer anymore. Painting a car using lacquer may have actually been his worst decision of all.

/ Changed the lock on my workshop. #10  
so what color is the inside of your shop now? Tractor get some overspray?