Tractor Rollover Demo Pictures and Videos

/ Tractor Rollover Demo Pictures and Videos #102  
I tried. No luck. I'll have to keep trying.

/ Tractor Rollover Demo Pictures and Videos #105  
The one and only time I have ever rolled my tractor, and this is in 40 years of operating, and mowing the sides of the road for several towns to boot; was in a field with a roll-over plow.

I was on the outside edge of a 9% grade, and had just come around a corner. Because there was a sheep fence there, I had my bucket up (empty) to clear the fence as I made the corner.

When a person is plowing, to go straight, the front wheels have to be turned slightly to the left, and for whatever reason...probably a rock, my front wheel climbed out of the furrow so that my right rear wheel was in the furrow, and my other tires up on unturned sod. That was fine, but when I turned back to drop my front tire back into the furrow, it was a little too much, and the tractor kept going over.

It was the strangest sensation. it was so slow that I just stepped off the tractor as it went over. I had heard that from other people, that tractor roll-overs happen REALLY SLOW, and so I found out, that is true.

I just flopped it back with the skidder, and all was good. (And yes I got pictures of the event so it did truly happen!) :thumbsup:

DSCN4922.JPG

/ Tractor Rollover Demo Pictures and Videos #106  
Hey Moss Road!

Glad to see you're still posting! Good stuff.

/ Tractor Rollover Demo Pictures and Videos
Hey welcome back. Hope you and yours are well. :thumbsup:

/ Tractor Rollover Demo Pictures and Videos #108  
Pretty scary stuff. After I installed a tilt meter I confirmed that my own sense of impending doom mirrored the meter. At 15 degrees I get that feeling. Once I mowed a few times with the meter I have the spots identified where I am particularly careful. Looking at the posted rollover site really drives the point home.
Thanks,
John
i think i'll add a tilt meter

/ Tractor Rollover Demo Pictures and Videos #110  

willy