Tractor Rollover Demo Pictures and Videos

/ Tractor Rollover Demo Pictures and Videos #21  
Thanks for the video..

/ Tractor Rollover Demo Pictures and Videos #22  
offcamber said:
Nice video but I noticed everytime the tractor flipped they were turning the wheels up hill. Thats definatly going to cause an unstable condition. I suspect the tractor would have traversed the slope had they not turned the wheels up hill. Don't get me wrong I am not bashing the video just making an observation.
....and the left front tire looks low.

/ Tractor Rollover Demo Pictures and Videos #23  
There you go.....I will never buy a blue tractor! They are dangerous!!!

/ Tractor Rollover Demo Pictures and Videos #24  
I would like to know if tricycle tractors are really more prone to rollover or if it depends on the situation. Seems many of the older narrow front end ones where wider stance in the back as compared to their height. I know some people are really afraid of narrow FE tractors but some old farmers say its hogwash about the greater rollover potential.

/ Tractor Rollover Demo Pictures and Videos #25  
Interesting videos. I have mowed some pretty steep stuff....don't like doing it. The worst part is getting into position at the bottom of the hill to mow straight up, then i back down, up, down. I have to be carefull not to end up on a steeper hill than i started on, or i would have to repeat all the up & down just to get back to level ground.

Has anyone tried putting on some outriggers, bolted to the frame under the center of the tractor? Seems like it would be some added insurance for rolos.

RD

/ Tractor Rollover Demo Pictures and Videos #26  
wkpoor said:
I would like to know if tricycle tractors are really more prone to rollover or if it depends on the situation. Seems many of the older narrow front end ones where wider stance in the back as compared to their height. I know some people are really afraid of narrow FE tractors but some old farmers say its hogwash about the greater rollover potential.
All non articulated tractors are built such that they stand as a tripod since that is the only stance that is stable regardless of surface shape. Four wheel tractors must center pivot the front axle to allow this. With a given CG and wheelbase each are comparable at the point that you get rear wheel lift. With a roll started purely by sideslope it is possible the 4wheeler front would stop it - but not likely. With a roll started by one rear falling into a hole the 4w would offer a true benefit due to the limit of center pivot travel on the fronts [not affected by the hole].
larry

/ Tractor Rollover Demo Pictures and Videos
wkpoor said:

Of course a three wheeler is more unstable than a four wheeler if everything else is the same.

/ Tractor Rollover Demo Pictures and Videos #28  
Of course a three wheeler is more unstable than a four wheeler if everything else is the same.
Thats just it, nothing is ever the same. Take a Farmall BN for instance. I would think those are more stable than my 5400. Lower center of gravity and real wide in the back. In the video I'll bet a 3 wheeler on the same hill would not have rolled. That small knoll gave a lift to the wide front end where the narrow would have just rolled over it.

/ Tractor Rollover Demo Pictures and Videos #29  
Most here are talking about mowing on hills yet the video shows no mower. If you are using a mid mount mower it's going to act as training wheels in effect making the stance effectively wider. One would have to take up the slack of any distance the deck had to travel before it became solid on its mounts and then overcome the "stick out" of the deck itself to roll over. So to me it would appear it's harder to roll a tractor with a MMM than one without. Not sure what a rear mower might do, would add more complication to the subject.

/ Tractor Rollover Demo Pictures and Videos #30  
For those with front end loaders like my self, always keep the load close as possible to the ground when traveling. Never lift a load while the machine is at a pitch. Watch out for holes, even the shallow ones can cuase a sudden tip with a full loader on level ground. Never leave the machine with the loader raised. Install a roll bar if it does not have one.