Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    Elite Member
    Tractor
    SSTT (Sideways Snake Tain Tractor) and STB (sideways train box) tractor, dirt harvester

Default Re: Tractor Rollover Demo Pictures and Videos

rear roll over. old allischalmers CA, i had it right on up there past 45 degrees before. almost had a complete roll over. thankfully my foot was ready to drive the clutch pedal as far as she would go into the ground and i have seen regular cheap riding lawn mowers wanting to do rear roll overs.

side roll overs. *ughs* 4 wheeler with roll cage on it. rolled it good and crushed right hand. couple years later dad's friend rolled same 4 wheeler. if it has wheels it can be easy to roll them. way way to easy.

though side roll overs, tend to see more folks trying to run there FEL (front end loaders) all the way up as they drive. *cringes* and more so with a full bucket. or a round bail. *shudders*

muddy, to wet grass, to ice, to snow, to just plain slick condtions. if it has wheels on it. it can and will slide on you in a heartbeat. regardless if it will put you in a position for a potential roll over or not.

its always fun trying to drive down a hill. and find out that some animal dug a hole or there was a wash out creating a ditch. or perhaps a tree stump were your front tires nail it. and you can feel the rear come up some as ya nail the steering wheel.

that adrenalin gets going pretty fast. when ya find out that trying to drive down a hill at an angle of any sort. and have the wheels slip you around side ways. as you hope for the best there is not enough speed, force and momentum to roll you over.

ya always think. ok i can mow a couple more inches near that wash out or deep ditch. and not get stuck. till ya get stuck. and in attempt to get unstuck the tractor begins to slide and puts you in a position of a very dangerous roll over.

or instead of mowing. i can push that dirt a little bit further to fill up a hole or large wash out. till your front tires go by by. and now the front end is no longer up but slowly sliding down with the tractor in netural and all brakes are on.
    Ryan

Tractor
    LS Tractor, Model R4010

What video?
    LS Tractor R4010, Loader, 6ft Shredder, Box blade, Sun Shade, Pat's Easy Hitch, PTO Wood Chipper

Tractor
    John Deere 4520 MFWD, Deere 855D UTV, Z920A Zero Turn Mower and assorted implements

Unfortunately, it appears those videos are no longer links to the link MossRoad provided.
    It's a shame....they were really good demonstrations!
    Roy Jackson

"Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one."
    -Joseph P. Martino

Silver Member LoveTheSmellofDiesel's Avatar
    Tractor
    Kubota B7610

Hi Roy, just tried them as I saw your post and they worked for me. Interesting to see how "easy" it is to have a dangerous situation
    Kubota B7610, 54"MMM, LA352 FEL, King Kutter Carry All, Scotts (Deere) 16HP 42"MMM LT160, Stihl Chainsaw, Leaf Blower, and Trimmer, 1,500lb GC Manufacturing Forks, 17cu ft Agrifab Trailer, 48" United Box Blade, 2 pallets with chain and stone dirt leveler

Link to my project: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/p...d-remodel.html

Tractor
    John Deere 4520 MFWD, Deere 855D UTV, Z920A Zero Turn Mower and assorted implements

Quote Originally Posted by LoveTheSmellofDiesel View Post
    Hi Roy, just tried them as I saw your post and they worked for me. Interesting to see how "easy" it is to have a dangerous situation

Great!! Thanks for letting me know!!

Yeah, doesn't take much to roll...and since you're a new guy, just notice how many TBNers post pics with their ROPS folded.
    Roy Jackson

"Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one."
    -Joseph P. Martino

Tractor
    YM2000D

Is there a link? I don't see it.
    YM2000D
    1846 QT Bush Hog FEL, 5' bucket
    4' King Kutter (TSC) bush hog
    Pallet forks (bucket/binder mount)
    Anonymous quick hitch
    Titan 39" front hay spear
    Helpful husband

Tractor
    YM2000D

Found it. Thanks.
    YM2000D
    1846 QT Bush Hog FEL, 5' bucket
    4' King Kutter (TSC) bush hog
    Pallet forks (bucket/binder mount)
    Anonymous quick hitch
    Titan 39" front hay spear
    Helpful husband

Tractor
    Yanmar 1610 2X4 tractor---Kabota B 2320 4X4 7 Kobelco SK015 Excavator

Quote Originally Posted by BurningBushFarm View Post
    Found it. Thanks.
    Where did you find the link please ---can someone please post it?

Tractor
    Kubota's, John Deere's

I'd like to see the tests/testing expanded with attachments or pull loads on the tractors.

They change the dynamics and operations considerably.

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 4020

thanks for sharing! this is a great example of why to be EXTREMELY careful on hills! certainly dont wanna end up underneath one

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast