Ford 841D ROPS

/ Ford 841D ROPS #1  

Super_Chief

Tractor
Ford 801/48 8N
I am still feeling my way around the model numbers of the 50's and early 60's.
I have seen ads for ROPS for N models, 600, 700, 800 etc but I emailed a couple of dealers to see if they had one for an 801 series, but no replies from either.
Is an 801 similar to the others as far as ROPS fitting properly?
Also, would appreciate info on any that may be less than $800.'

/ Ford 841D ROPS #2  
I can not remember the program but there is a program that helps pay to put a ROPS on a non-ROPS tractor. They don't pay the entire cost but I think around half the cost. You can buy the ROPS for an 841 from any New Holland dealers parts department.

One of the other posters on here should chime in with more info on the ROPS program but my mind is drawing a blank right now.

/ Ford 841D ROPS #3  
In Holland, most ROPS were aftermarket, because they werent required in all European countries yet.

In America, the Hercules company is active in aftermarket ROPS:
Hercules ROPS - Home

I still need a ROPS on my 3011, which i bought without...

/ Ford 841D ROPS #4  
Don't count on buying a certified ROPS for less than $800; that's a bargain given product liability insurance and steel costs. There is some sentiment that pre-ROPS tractors' axle housings may not be strong enough to make even a structurally sound ROPS safe. Any ROPS advertised to fit a Ford 800 series should fit an 801 series unless the 801 has added equipment that interferes with the ROPS.

/ Ford 841D ROPS #5  
The use of seatbelts is MANDATORY with rops. That bar will crush you if you flop out while it is rolling over. So, don't forget to add them too.

The rear end of the 800 is the same as the 801. They don't interchange because of a brake shaft routing change, but you would be hard pressed to tell them apart.