Bad Idea........

/ Bad Idea........ #2  
Poor kids. What was that guy thinking? Those machines are way to fast and bumpy to have people in the bucket. I don't understand how he could not see the girls fall out. I don't know all the details but it seems to me he should be charged with something. Since it was a construction site, I wonder if OSHA is going to get involved.

About 10 years ago at work, we were moving from one area to another and a guy was sitting behind the bucket with one of his feet at the pinch point. The operator curled the bucket back and severely crushed his foot. They both knew that they were not allowed to ride on any machine.

Jeff

/ Bad Idea........ #4  
How could he not see them fall out?How could he not feel the machine drive over them? Musta been high on drUgs or something.idiot.
ALAN

/ Bad Idea........ #5  
What ever happened to common sense?

Don

/ Bad Idea........ #6  
Officials say two Wichita girls seriously injured when they were run over by a Bobcat work vehicle are expected to recover. The girls, both 12, were injured this weekend and were recupperating in a local hospital.

Police say a 25-year-old man was using the Bobcat for construction work at a house Saturday when the two girls and a third climbed into the vehicle's bucket for a ride. One of the girls fell out while the vehicle was moving and the second fell out when she turned to alert the driver. The driver didn't see the girls and didn't realize they had been hit until the third girl alerted him.

One girl suffered a crushed pelvis while the other girl had a damaged liver. Criminal charges are not expected.

/ Bad Idea........ #8  
What ever happened to common sense?

Don

Common sense is not always so common!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do construction work and i am not trying to say people shouldn't try new tools but these machines are not toys and the rental places will rent them to anyone with money. For some people there is a huge learning curve for these machines i am sure a few people ran into things they weren't supposed to.

Yes i am assuming the guy rented this unit because if he owned it he should be .......well you know.

Shane

/ Bad Idea........ #9  
I wish the girls a speedy recovery.

I wish the 25 yr old adult a Labotomy, since his brain is not working!

/ Bad Idea........ #10  
Everybody is jumping on this guy without hearing his side of the story. There may be a perfectly plausible reason for his not seeing them. There certainly aren't enough details in the story to tell what really happened.

I hope none of you ever serve on a jury. You'll hang the innocent along with the guilty.