Nearly flipped it

/ Nearly flipped it #1  

Mrwurm

Veteran Member
Tractor
New Holland TC30 Hydro 4x4, Gravely Zero Turn Mower
Well, I was using my new NH TC30 this weekend and nearly flipped it over. I was using the FEL with a chain to lift the front of my 1,200 lb. Zero turn mower so I could clean under the deck. I decided to see how high I could lift it. (7308 loader on TC30 is rated for 880 lbs) I expected the loader valve to go into relief mode when it maxed out. Well, thats not what happened. I was standing next to the tractor as I lifted so I could have a better view of the operation. Suddenly, without warning, the tractor lifted about two feet off the ground in the back and at the same time pivoted toward me on the front axle. Then.....it stopped and just hung there. I let the loader down and decided that maybe the dealer was right when he insisted that these small compacts need loaded tires if you have a FEL. I believe that I will be getting my tires loaded in the near future.
Jerry

/ Nearly flipped it #3  
Thats kinda learning the hard way /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif but sure glad you came out okay.

/ Nearly flipped it #4  
Yeah, it's bad enough when you're on it and belted in.....but next to it.....YIKES!!!!

Jeff

/ Nearly flipped it #5  
Wow, Jerry! That sure brings back some painful memories.
frown.gif

I did a very similar thing shortly after I bought my tractor, and wound up starting the infamous <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.tractorbynet.com/cgi-bin/compact/showthreaded.pl?Cat=&Board=safety&Number=22933&page=&view=&sb=&o=&vc=1#Post22933>Stupid Tractor Tricks</A> thread.

"Live and learn", they say. I think that first part is the important one.
crazy.gif

/ Nearly flipped it
Harv, thanks for sharing that post. It seems that there is a learning curve for this tractor stuff. Last week I was trying to pick up a dog house with my FEL and ended up pushing it into the side of my garage and tearing up the siding (on the garage and dog house). Weird thing is, I don't even have a dog.

Jerry

/ Nearly flipped it #7  
<font color=blue>"Last week I was trying to pick up a dog house...."</font color=blue>
<font color=blue>"Weird thing is, I don't even have a dog."</font color=blue>

Now Jerry, do we really need to offer comments on these statements?? /w3tcompact/icons/hmm.gif/w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

/ Nearly flipped it #8  
I have had the tractor up on 2 or 3 wheels a couple of times, luckily I was in the seat and just lowered the bucket. Now I never try to lift any thing heavier than a few hundred pounds unless I am in the seat.

/ Nearly flipped it #9  
harv,

How about posting that attachment again???

/ Nearly flipped it #10  
<font color=blue>How about posting that attachment again???</font color=blue>

Okay, Wal, here it is. Ain't that much to look at, but it shows how little of a root system it took to dang near topple my L2500DT.
crazy.gif

Attachments

• 34-147986-TreePlucking.jpg
    34-147986-TreePlucking.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 185