Texas Man Dies in Freak Accident

/ Texas Man Dies in Freak Accident #1  

Uncle Doug

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L3000
Man Dies in Freak Accident

WESTLAKE, January 25, 2009 A resident of the Westlake area died Sunday afternoon in a freak accident as he and a friend were cutting down a tree at his home.

According to Hugh Bishop of the Liberty County Sheriff痴 Department, David Rice age 55 of Dayton noticed something was going wrong as a friend was sawing a limb off a tree when the limb snapped off striking Rice in the head. Rice suffered extreme head trauma in the accident.

Liberty County EMS responded to the scene, as did the Westlake Volunteer Fire Department.

Nothing could be done to help the man and Justice of the Peace Glenn Pruitt of Dayton pronounced David Rice dead at the scene this afternoon.

Sgt. Investigator Chris Dryer of the Liberty County Sheriff痴 Department is investigating the accident.

The accident occurred at 2:10 PM on Sunday afternoon.

I know a lot of folks in this area still have a lot of broken limbs still hung up in the trees after hurricane Ike. I still have several large ones also. I do not know the specifics of this accident but did hear that he was struck in the head and died quickly.