Bunk Beds can be dangerous

/ Bunk Beds can be dangerous #1  

farmboy12

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota M4900 FEL; New Holland TC30 MMM; Ford 1620; Ford 1520 MMM; John Deere X740; John Deere 455 MMM; Craftsman 19.5hp;;;;; Antiques: 1946 John Deere B; 1951 John Deere MT; 1952 Allis Chalmers B; 1967 International 140
I was on a missions trip to Philadelphia, Pa. I fell off a bunk bed Friday night in my sleep. It is really bad. I landed on my face I have what will most likely end up a scar, and I sprained my ankle. Glad it wasn't worse. If you have young children, put rails on or don't have one. I'm 13, but to 3-10 year olds, it could be really bad.

Kyle

/ Bunk Beds can be dangerous #2  
Dang...speedy recovey to you Kyle.

/ Bunk Beds can be dangerous
Thanks!

Kyle

/ Bunk Beds can be dangerous #4  
Been there done that and have the scars to prove it. I am glad it was not me serious.

/ Bunk Beds can be dangerous #5  
Wishing you a speedy recovery. Just be glad it was not any worse.

/ Bunk Beds can be dangerous #6  
that sounds pretty bad........

i was at a buddy's house staying the night when i was about 12......i took the top bunk........when i woke up the next morning, i was laying in the floor next to the bottom bunk........i never even woke up....i did recall having a dream about falling....seriously......

i guess i have a hard head!

/ Bunk Beds can be dangerous #7  
i guess i have a hard head!

You sure that isn't how it got flat?

/ Bunk Beds can be dangerous #8  
Sorry you took a tumble, been thinking about a bunk for my mini-boss, probably not gonna happen after these stories.

Joel

/ Bunk Beds can be dangerous #9  
When we were kids, just for kicks, my brother used to propel me out of the upper bunk by putting both of his feet flat on the bottom of the matress and then shoving as hard as he could with both legs.:D He thought it was real funny.
Glad you are ok Kyle, at your age you will heal quick.

/ Bunk Beds can be dangerous #10  
When our youngest daughter was 4 years old, we had a little motorhome with a pull down bunk over the driver/passenger seats. There was a ladder that could be used to get up there, and then the ladder could be turned and put in place as a guard rail to prevent anyone from falling out. However, there was still about a 12" to 18" gap at each end of that ladder. Sure enough, one night I was awakened by a thud and a yelp from our German Shepherd. I don't know how she could have gotten through that gap at the end of the ladder, but the 4 year old had fallen out of the bunk and landed on the dog. Neither was them was hurt, and the next morning the 4 year didn't even remember it happening. But the dog slept under our bed from then on instead of lying by the door.:D