Why No Neutral Safety on Kiotis?!

/ Why No Neutral Safety on Kiotis?! #1  

Coyote machine

Tractor
22 SANY SY 50U, '10 Kioti DK 40se/hst KL-401 FEL, loaded tires, KB-2485 bhoe, Tuffline TB160 BB, Woods QA forks, MIE Hydraulic bhoe thumb & ripper tooth, Igland 4001 winch, & GR-20 Log Grapple. Woods BBX72" Brush Mower. Diamondplate aluminum canopy
My dealer just informed me, according to him, there are no neutral safety switches installed on Kioti's line of tractors?!
Is this true, and if so why would that be the case? Don't all tractor/lawnmower/ ridemower, etc. companies install NSS's on their equipment?

Thanks for any enlightenment on this topic...

CM

/ Why No Neutral Safety on Kiotis?! #2  
With the expirence that I have with all KIOTI Tractors the have neutral saftey switchs and also clutch switchs!

/ Why No Neutral Safety on Kiotis?! #3  
My 2003 DK 45 12 x 12 shuttle has a clutch safety switch (clutch has to be pushed in to start) and if the pto is left on it will not start but no neutral safety switch and no safety switch on the seat.

/ Why No Neutral Safety on Kiotis?!
Let me refine the question to say: Why don't Kioti HST trans models have neutral safety switches, or at least a seat safety switch?
My DK 35 has nothing for a safety switch...

/ Why No Neutral Safety on Kiotis?! #5  
My 2003 DK 45 12 x 12 shuttle has a clutch safety switch (clutch has to be pushed in to start) and if the pto is left on it will not start but no neutral safety switch and no safety switch on the seat.

My dk40 only has a NSS on the shuttle lever, not the cluch, strange it would vary from tractor to tractor.:confused:

/ Why No Neutral Safety on Kiotis?! #6  
My DK40se will not start unless in neutral but has no seat safety switch. Larger tractors are not like lawnmowers. There are legitimate reasons to let the thing run without the operator in the seat (eg PTO powered log splitter, wood chipper, back hoe etc) so they don't have seat switches.

/ Why No Neutral Safety on Kiotis?! #7  
Call me irresponsible, but nothing annoys me more than seat safety switches that cut out when you get out of the cab or seat or whatever.

There are so many times when you need to be able to leave the PTO running, like baling hay or basically operating any larger farm implement that takes a long time to spin up / spin down.

On many tractors, you can start the PTO up from a button on the rear fender. Same for the linkage. On some of the new Fendts I think you can start the engine from the remote control for the rear locking :D

But as for a neutral safety switch, I would not want to be without one of them, because I often lean in and start the engine from the ground.

Just my 2 cents...

/ Why No Neutral Safety on Kiotis?! #8  
When its 20 below and everything is covered in snow its nice to be able to reach over and start my JD HST from the ground, then brush off the snow and ice while waiting for things to warm up.(or run back inside for a coffee before putting on the heavy coat and boots)
It is also nice when using the woodsplitter or backhoe...With my knees I don't climb on and off anymore often than I have to..
On my lawn mower you have to climb onto the seat and press the brake pedal to start it. Would be a PIA to use as a snowblower....

/ Why No Neutral Safety on Kiotis?! #9  
When I traded my MiniBota in on the JD I looked at the cabs but preferred the visibility of the open air when working in the bush. If its snowing too hard I just wait it out, there's normally enough food in the fridge and our storms don't last long....

/ Why No Neutral Safety on Kiotis?! #10  
Most Kiotis require clutch disengagement to start, on DKSE HST (which has no clutch pedal), the range selector must be in neutral to start. Either system will prevent the tractor from moving when started. If you were to stall on a slope. Still others have it on the shuttle as previously mentioned.