Slow speed police chase

/ Slow speed police chase #1  

mnbowhunter1960

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 3320 W/Imatch
BERLIN (Reuters) A drunk German sparked a slow-speed police chase after stealing a tractor to get home from a nightclub after his girlfriend left without him, said police, who used pepper spray to try to stop the vehicle.

"After his girlfriend abandoned him in a night club, the 23-year-old driver, who doesn't own a license, commandeered the vehicle to make his way home," a police spokesman said on Monday.

Six police cars began trailing the tractor, which was chugging along at 20 km (12 miles) an hour, after they were alerted to the theft at about 5 a.m. Saturday.

Officers tried holding up stop signs and directing pepper spray through the open window to bring the driver to a halt.

They then tried unsuccessfully to end his getaway by throwing nail belts on the road, but the tractor's tires proved too thick, said the police spokesman.

The 40-minute chase finally came to an end when officers shot at the tractor's tires after it rammed into a police car and collided with another vehicle.

/ Slow speed police chase #2  
A 40 minute police chase that covered all of about 8 miles. I guess that it would be pretty hard to stop a tractor.

Pretty good story.

/ Slow speed police chase #4  
BERLIN (Reuters) A drunk German sparked a slow-speed police chase after stealing a tractor to get home from a nightclub after his girlfriend left without him, said police, who used pepper spray to try to stop the vehicle.

Pepper spray to stop a vehicle, must be good air cleaners on them thar German tractors. :D

/ Slow speed police chase #5  
I am sure the german farmer will be glad to get his nail embeded, shot up and pepper smelling tractor back. I wonder how far away the driver was planning on going.
Rob

/ Slow speed police chase #6  
Car 54, how do we stop a tractor, it ain't in the books?

Those cops must be city boys, a redneck country cop would have jumped up there and jerked his but out of there.

What a waste of tax payer money, must have been bored. They could have foamed the windshield or punched a hole in the cab, if it even had one, and tear gassed/peper sprayed him, etc.

They could have put a large truck in front of him. Many ,many options, but no, let's destroy the tractor, it ain't ours.

/ Slow speed police chase #7  
Pretty irresponsible reporting if you ask me. No mention of the make or model of the tractor. How many hours on it? Any mods? What implement was on it if any? Did it have a FEL? And most important to us TBN folks... Was he using synthetic or conventional oil?

Typical foreign press: always leaving out the really important stuff.

/ Slow speed police chase #8  
Car 54, how do we stop a tractor, it ain't in the books?

Those cops must be city boys, a redneck country cop would have jumped up there and jerked his but out of there.

What a waste of tax payer money, must have been bored. They could have foamed the windshield or punched a hole in the cab, if it even had one, and tear gassed/peper sprayed him, etc.

They could have put a large truck in front of him. Many ,many options, but no, let's destroy the tractor, it ain't ours.

Depends on which "country cops" you are talking about. I know some who would have just shot him and said something like, "he just needed a good killin' ". Stealing a man's tractor in some places is like the old horse thieves.

/ Slow speed police chase #9  
Pretty irresponsible reporting if you ask me. No mention of the make or model of the tractor. How many hours on it? Any mods? What implement was on it if any? Did it have a FEL? And most important to us TBN folks... Was he using synthetic or conventional oil?

Typical foreign press: always leaving out the really important stuff.

Yeah, no kidding! Was it gear or HST?

/ Slow speed police chase #10  
Obviously, since it was a slow speed chase it was HST!