Call Before You Dig With Your Backhoe!!!

/ Call Before You Dig With Your Backhoe!!! #11  
The tractor that was running the BH or PHD that was initially alleged to be the cause of that little boo-boo.

Matt.

/ Call Before You Dig With Your Backhoe!!! #13  
Never let the facts get in the way of a good story!:D I did read and understand the whole thread, my initial reply was an apparently poor attempt at humor.

Matt.

/ Call Before You Dig With Your Backhoe!!! #14  
Sorry, thought you were totally serious. You even had a smiley and I missed it completely.

/ Call Before You Dig With Your Backhoe!!! #15  
The Durham Woods Apartment Complex explosion in Edison, NJ many years ago was due to scratches on the gas line from a backhoe. The trench was back filled and the equipment was removed from the area for a few days b/4 the blast.

/ Call Before You Dig With Your Backhoe!!! #16  
Even better than call before you dig, don't buy land with high pressure gas lines on it!

I was going to say before I read all the way through, I can't believe those pipes were buried close enough to the surface for an auger to hit them - you'd think they should be waaay down

/ Call Before You Dig With Your Backhoe!!! #17  
Even better than call before you dig, don't buy land with high pressure gas lines on it!

I was going to say before I read all the way through, I can't believe those pipes were buried close enough to the surface for an auger to hit them - you'd think they should be waaay down

Hypotheatical thoughts...
You would think that they "would bury them deep", but nobody told the guy with the new tractor and dozer that he bought with the money he saved on that little piece of heaven compared to one that didn't have an apparently unused "right of way" thru it. After he got thru with a weeks worth of leveling, the pipe is now inches below the surface instead of feet below it, and he now needs to build a barn with fencing around it for stalls. That would be where the tractor with the PHD comes into play. Just as he starts to lower the auger into the ground for that last post hole, he wonders where that alleged pipeline is running to.
Ever wonder what is buried on your property that has been forgoted?
David from jax

/ Call Before You Dig With Your Backhoe!!! #18  
Absolutely amazing that nobody was killed.

/ Call Before You Dig With Your Backhoe!!! #19  

Does that mean I should discontinue my efforts to build a post hole auger extension for the post hole digger I don't own? I always thought it would be a good idea to have an extension laying around in case I ever needed one, but apparrently not as good of an idea as I first thought.(lol)
David from jax

/ Call Before You Dig With Your Backhoe!!! #20  
I live next to a series of these lines and one of them went off 15 miles south of my house and it woke me up and you could see it burning. The pipe company flies over almost everyday to see what it looks like. My neighbor parked a bore rig near the line and 2 hrs latter pipe company showed up and asked what he was doing. I feel pipe company does a good job of watching but it still scares me a little as my house it just out side of the easmet which is 32'.