Everyone got their shields in place?

/ Everyone got their shields in place? #1  

The Haymaker

Veteran Member
Tractor
2008 T2220
No, it didn't happen on a tractor, yes this could happen if you aren't working safely or have appropriate guards in place.

VERY GRAPHIC, don't blame me if you ruin the new carpet under the computer or never care to eat buffalo wings again.......

Chicken bones

E

/ Everyone got their shields in place? #2  
that will teach people to keep their hands out of the way. I know of another guy who stuck his foot into a stumpgrinder and has to pay for it every day of his life. I am not a fan of putting myself in any danger. I will tell others that they are making mistakes if I see it.

Common sense goes a long ways.

/ Everyone got their shields in place? #3  
Ouch....Sad deal. Geez.....something like this could happen to lots of us, in a heartbeat, for making one stupid mistake with machinery and tools. I think most of us have dogged a few bullets in our days :eek::eek::eek:, and lucked out....I know I have.

/ Everyone got their shields in place? #4  
owwwww!!!! I can't believe this guy stopped to take a picture of his hand after that kind of accident. I would have already been racing for the hospital. Tough way to learn a lesson.

/ Everyone got their shields in place? #5  
Jeeeesh! :eek: that had ta hurt, whats done is done, But I know several so called biker dude want-to-be need to see this, they spend more time cleaning and spit shining their bikes then do ride them, I hope they never try this...:cool: Besides! who cleans the oil from their chains? an't chains suppose to be oily :confused:
come to think of it.... its good reason for meto have my GL ((((its shaft drive))))

/ Everyone got their shields in place? #6  
Stuck my hand into a snowblower when I was young thought it wasn't turning. Had good heavy gloves on so all I did was smash things up a bit, luckly didn't lose nothing, excpet blood and pride.

/ Everyone got their shields in place? #7  
Another BRAIN SURGERN! Proves my point, you can make anything fool proof but not idiot proof.

/ Everyone got their shields in place? #8  
Another BRAIN SURGERN! Proves my point, you can make anything fool proof but not idiot proof.

right back at ya, sorry I'm not perfect{god like} and have made a mistake or 2 in my younger days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/ Everyone got their shields in place? #9  
20 20, I received your e mail at the office today when I got back from the field, we all had a good laugh. I was referring to the chicken bone post, but if the shoe fits?. In your email you say that you were young at the time 10-17 maybe? I'm sure that somewhere in the owner's manual there is a section on Safety and words to the effect, Stop engine before clearing objects. Lucky that you had heavy gloves? Well maybe. Those gloves could have easily been snagged on the impellor and we'd be calling you Stumpy.
Here are some new members of the Brain Surgeon club;
Just this week on the AM news, some guy in Queens NY was venting a Propane cylinder IN his house. BOOM!!!! Up go the house and the houses next door. The city building inspector declared his house un-repairable, walls bowed out 4 ft and condemned it and the buildings next door were also condemned. The surgeon's wife is in the hospital with broken bones and he has burns and broken bones, not sure how others made out. Now why would anyone empty a 20 lb. Propane cylinder indoors?
Then came all the stories about the dumb a a's, some guy is repairing a gas tank in his kitchen. Don't get ahead of yourself now, wait for the punch line.
He carefully emptied the gas tank and stored the fuel in pots and pans in the kitchen. Ok, now use your imagination.

Here's another good one, a few years ago on my way to work, walking to the Bus Stop a guy is cutting his lawn. Now the ground is not level and he is standing on the top of a steep embankment pulling the mower up toward him. There is morning dew on the grass and he's wearing flip-flops. I had to stop; this was an accident with his name on it, one slip and his feet go under the deck. He didn't think much of my interfering, that was in the early spring. Later that fall I walked to the Auto supply across from the Bus stop, on my way back home, here is this guy sitting on the side porch with both feet bandaged. I stopped and asked if, the mower bit him?

/ Everyone got their shields in place? #10  
Transit, my point is that some times things just happen. Is it the operators fault, 99.9% of the time yes. That still does not change the fact that we{humans} make mistakes. It's easy to place judegments and such being an arm chair coach. When My mistake/accident happened I was in a hurry and did something stupid, this did not make me an idiot{I just didn't use common sense at the time}. Off subject some, How many young guys use common sense when around girls :D ????

Like I expalined to you I thought the machine had stopped rotating, plus my hand slipped. I did not walk up to a moving auger and say, "wonder if this will hurt" then shove my hand in{that would probably make me an idiot}. I was young the machine was used so no manual{that is besides the point} and the belts were shot.

My point is we{unless you're perfect} should not call others idiots{except maybe those you mentioned above, propane tank} without either being there or atleast KNOWING the whole story. Stuff happens to people every day some folks are morons, other just made a bad judgement call.