Stupid is what Stupid does ...

/ Stupid is what Stupid does ... #1  

blueriver

Tractor
JD 5520 Montana 4340 Farmall Super A Montana 5720C
I needed to load a semi with hay, as wet as its been I decided to use the loader and a rear spike and keep the rig on the hard road thus I could bring two at a time... here's what happens when the toplink brackets hit the glass ....

So now I am waiting for a price ... any thoughts ? I'm quessing in the $500 area!!!

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    99 KB · Views: 916
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    80 KB · Views: 638
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    76.6 KB · Views: 471
Last edited:
   / Stupid is what Stupid does ... #2  
OUCH :(
Do you insurance on tractor?..if so after deduc. maybe cheaper having dealer glass business install.

/ Stupid is what Stupid does ... #3  
Cut yourself some lexan and put back in the hole. That Safety glass gets everywhere and makes a mess. Plus it can still cut you up good. I hope that you walked away ok. Don't feel bad there are plenty more mistakes made that are worse than that..

/ Stupid is what Stupid does ...
OUCH :(
Do you insurance on tractor?..if so after deduc. maybe cheaper having dealer glass business install.

Yes to the insurance. I do not remeber the deduc....am waiting for there response as well.

Cut yourself some lexan and put back in the hole. That Safety glass gets everywhere and makes a mess. Plus it can still cut you up good. I hope that you walked away ok. Don't feel bad there are plenty more mistakes made that are worse than that..

Yes I'm fine, your not wrong about it going everywhere!! I am checking into all the options and am waiting for responses ... local glass guy said he didn't want to mess with it??

As for feeling bad, when I hooked it up i told myself to watch it and sure as **** the first bale I stuck ... well I thought someone shot a gun off!!

/ Stupid is what Stupid does ... #8  
Thanks !! The real sorry thing about this is I could have set the up limit to stop .... BEFORE the window!!!

So, you're saying it wasn't really an ACCIDENT? :D

Seriously, glad you are okay and hope you get your window fixed without too much hassle.
Dave.

/ Stupid is what Stupid does ... #9  
I feel for you, been there , done that. Last time I opened the side door fully on my brand new E 150 van , in the garage, forgot about it and started backing up .....!
It may break your wallet/doubt it/, it did not brake your neck,thats a good thing.

So, you're saying it wasn't really an ACCIDENT? :D

Seriously, glad you are okay and hope you get your window fixed without too much hassle.
Dave.

Its funny how habit is ... pull the lever up by instinct. Hind sight is amazing and yes I quess if it could have been avoided it wouldn't be considered an accident....

And poor me its 49 degrees this morning and I'm already remembering the days of no cab ... will be a cool ride this morning!!