hitch extenders

/ hitch extenders #1  

20 20

Elite Member
Has anyone used a hitch extender on their truck? If so how did it work? I'm in a bit of a pickle, my trailer likes my truck so much it's following to closely. If they keep this up I'll have a romance I don't want to witness when I turn to sharp. They're{truck and trailer} making my front tool box on my trailer feel kind funny it doesn't like all of this mushy closeness.

/ hitch extenders #2  
They add a lot leverage to the hitch on the truck...I guess the answer really depends on the size/weight of the trailer?

Last edited:
   / hitch extenders #3  
Sounds like you need a trailer tongue extension if you want to ride a tool box on the tongue. Have you considered remounting the tool box to the front frame rail and letting it move back some into the trailer bed.

/ hitch extenders
Thanks folks, it hit the trailer as well{plus the tool box} on sharp turns. I've decided to go the safest route. I'm going to cut the trailer floor/sides back for the extra room needed. I don't feel a hitch extender would be all that safe with the extra leverage forced onto it. I've allways felt this trailer was not the best design the hitch is too short.

/ hitch extenders #5  
How about a regular trailer tongue tool box.

Attachments

• yhst-10244351595161_2076_17578816.gif
    yhst-10244351595161_2076_17578816.gif
    28.8 KB · Views: 124
   / hitch extenders
JJ that's about what I have on it now, just plastic. I was looking at other trailers yesterday while I was out. I believe when they built mine it was made with the tongue to short. My other truck was tight on turns but nothing like what I've got now. Some day I'll learn how to post pictures on here :)

/ hitch extenders #7  
This is how I do it. Other people might do it differently. Do you keep your pictures in a folder called MY Pictures? If so, there is a link right below this window, that says Go Advanced. Click that. Once you click Go Advanced, it will open a larger page. Look down to where it says Manage Attachments, and click Manage Attachment, another small window will open allowing you Browse in the My Picture folder. Then select your picture, or pictures, and UP Load them. When you see the link posted, in purple, close that window. If done correctly, a link will show up in the large window for each picture. Then click Submit Reply The pictures can not be larger than 1000 KB, if they are, you will have to resize.

/ hitch extenders
Thanks when I get a chance I'll give it a try. I have a few pictures that I think folks may enjoy.

/ hitch extenders
Allright I'm trying a picture

Attachments

• P1000358.jpg
    P1000358.jpg
    758.5 KB · Views: 214
   / hitch extenders
I quess it worked thanks J J, sorry it's not about the hitch just wanted to try. Oh this was a picture of a rental 312 ex trying to dig our pond during one of our very rainy years. I actually drove into the pond to dig. That thing could really move some dirt.

I'll have to start another thread.