Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tractor
    2008 T2220

Default Watch for traffic!

I had posted these in another thread. Figured I'd get them out in the open.

This was August 1st, 2005 On route 11 in Patten Maine. Retired guy who had bought the tractor and then gotten the local roadside mowing bid. He did not survive this crash after he turned in front of 100,000 pounds of logs.

Plastic is still on the seat. Very somber scene as I sat there waiting to be able to continue on my way. Most of the time being a "paid tourist" is a lotta fun because of what you see, but this ranks up there for places I'd rather of not been.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -dscf2306-jpg   -dscf2307-jpg   -dscf2312-jpg   -dscf2311-jpg  
    "Freedom is never more than one generation from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free."

Tractor
    J.D. 4310 E-hydro

Default Re: Watch for traffic!

That's pretty bad, must of scrambled him like an egg, cause the cab looks pretty intact. Or maybe he got ejected?

JB.
    JD 4310; E hydro, 300CX, 48 BH, 60" box, 72" rake, 72" rear blade, cast pallet forks, 48", 61"HD & 73" high volume bucket.
    FORD 1700; 2 WD, 2600 hrs.
    JD 320; Hydra lift, 48" deck and 48" snow blade.
    2007 Dodge Ram 3500, Cummins 6.7L, Aisin 6 speed, 9ft utility body.

Tractor
    JD TLB 110

I bet the engine noise from the tractor did not help his situational awareness.

You are right, the only way to be safe is to look, look, and look some more.
    40 Acres on a hill - fantastic view. JD 110 TLB, 4-n-1, 12" bucket, 18" bucket, Addington thumb, rock bucket (doubles as root grapple)

Not only do we not understand the universe, if someone explained it to us, we would not know what he was talking about.

Isaac Asimov

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    BobCat CT230

HOLY COW....

I feel sorry for the operator.

Can't help to wonder with the rear of the tractor still in place just how good the traction is on those tires.

Had a close call once. I was grading the local gravel road (no the county does not maintain the roads here in the peoples republic of california) using a skidsteer. The next door neighbor instead of waiting for me to see her decides to accelerate and zip by me in her Prius while I'm backing up and filling a pothole. I was close but no sheet metal touching. At 9000lbs I think the skidsteer would have won that battle. There could not have been more than a foot of clearance to a steep 70' drop. The skidsteer would have pusher her right over. With the Prius there is no chance of hearing it (electric) while sitting on 50hp diesel at high RMP. She drives WAY to fast for small community roads (40 mph plus on a single lane 8' wide road).

Thought about going to the junk yard and buying the front end of a junked Prius and mounting it under the front bumper of my truck... It should go along well with my bumper sticker "My truck likes Iraqi fuel". I would have to change the bumper sticker though to something like "If you are what you eat, then my truck is a hybrid". I'm sure all the people in the San Francisco Bay area would appreciate that one...

Tractor
    2001 John Deere 790 4x4, bar tires

That was a pretty gruesome scene I bet. Lot of blood on the left fender and pavement. One can never be too careful when operating ANY equipment, especially alongside a road or out on it.
    Nothing could be finer than riding my JD790 in South Carolina!!

2001 John Deere 790 4x4 with Model 70 FEL, 5ft International World Agritech bush hog, 5ft Wallberg BB, 5ft Frontier disc harrow, 5ft King Kutter II Rototiller, 5ft Cultipacker, 5ft Sitrex finish mower, Leinbach PHD with 9" & 12" augers, Leinbach middlebuster, Leinbach #11 Field Cultivator, boom pole, custom 3pt handi-hitch, clamp on bucket forks, Pat's Easy Change.

Nothing runs like a Deere, or smells like a John....

Tractor
    Kubota L2800HST w/Frontloader & CC LTX1046

My word..what a shame.
    <___________________> RIP.

Tractor
    JD 1026R

Really a bad scene. Sorry for the man and lost to his family.

Just wondering if he had his seatbelt on. I'm thinking he didn't

Still a shame

Have fun and be safe!
    Have fun and be safe !!!

JD1026R H120 fel w/54"bucket; 60" mmm ; 260 BH/w 12" bucket; ballast box; rear weights; front quick hitch w/angling kit and 54 " blade ;3pt rear 60" blade ; JD 47" frt snowblower ; Original Tractor Cab;Bush Hog 47" tiller and 15" Middle Buster

Tractor
    J.D. 4310 E-hydro

Quote Originally Posted by etcallhome View Post
    Really a bad scene. Sorry for the man and lost to his family.

Just wondering if he had his seatbelt on. I'm thinking he didn't

Still a shame

Have fun and be safe!

That's what I was trying to get at as it looks like the cab did not take a direct hit, must of bounced the operator around in there like a pinball before possibly ejecting him.

JD 4310; E hydro, 300CX, 48 BH, 60" box, 72" rake, 72" rear blade, cast pallet forks, 48", 61"HD & 73" high volume bucket.
    FORD 1700; 2 WD, 2600 hrs.
    JD 320; Hydra lift, 48" deck and 48" snow blade.
    2007 Dodge Ram 3500, Cummins 6.7L, Aisin 6 speed, 9ft utility body.

Tractor
    Kubota B3030HSDC

This has got to be the same tractor, for sale currently on the Maine CL:

For sale for my mother, 2005 m6800dtc 4x4 tracktor. It was hit by a trailer truck on the front left wheel and broke in half. It has been stored ever since. for parts or repair. Trans is broke, cab has one bent post and a few windows busted, rad, condecner and coolers bent, one rim, two rear fenders, a front bearing cover and a lot of odds and end for levers and cables would put it togther. This has 8 hours on it. major parts if you was to junk it, complete rear drive and three point, two rear tires and wheels, two front tires and one wheel, motor, cab minus a few windows, front housing(needs bearing cap, front frame section.
    can email pictures and can arange loading on trailer if purchased

Tractor
    2008 T2220

That's sad. I remember there still being plastic on the seat.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast