How not to cut down a tree

/ How not to cut down a tree #2  
OWCH!
I personally witnessed one of these type of mishaps, My next door neighbor bought the new house next to mine 8 years ago, when the house was built the developer disturbed the roots of a very large Poplar resulting in the tree dying, it was 30 ft. from the house, the person ( my neighbor ) had became worried about the wind blowing it down on top of his house, keep in mind he is a so called equipment operator & landscaper and knew how to handle a chainsaw..:thumbsup: well one day while working in my shop I hear his chain saw fire up,
I step out to take a looksee and see him standing next to this big 100 ft tall x 3 ft thick tree,
I thought to my self Oh sh%!...
he see's me looking at him and just threw up a hand to wave, I went back into my shop minding my own business, when suddenly I heard the loud Cry out
(((( OH SH%! )))) and then felt the earth shake and crash of wood splintering, I then ran back outside and seen him running around next to this cut down tree that he had split his new house right in 1/2.. he come running over to the fence asking me what the ((( Hjj is he going to do? ) and muttering out the phrase "my wifes going to kill me my wife is going to kill me" over and over again.
and then he went into shock....:cool: Well he ask me what was he going to do? Like I had the answers!.... I told him to calm down and call his wife... and to start getting up some tarp covers, we were to expect some stormy weather that night and much rain expected, which I suppose was his reason for attepmting to cut down the tree in the first place for fear it would be blown on top of his house, well :confused2:, My family and I spent the next 12 hours helping cut 12" chunks at a time from this tree off from his house each chunk must have weigh 75-100 lbs each... untill we finally got down to the what was left of his house, we then stretched a tarp cover over what was left of the roof, :confused:
Oh! BTW his wife made him get rid of his chainsaw and called in the pulp wooders to remove every tree from their lot ............... :D

/ How not to cut down a tree #3  
Careless people do stupid things without planning for the worst.

I witnessed my neighbor trying to drop a tree in a wooded area, and planted right on top of his kids tree house. Luckily is was empty at the time.

Still fun to watch as long as no one gets hurt!!!;)

/ How not to cut down a tree #4  
If this was a popler, the bottom sections if not rotted out weighed closer to 275Lbs per foot in length if indeed the tree had a 3 ft diameter. You most of noticed how that 100 Lbs seemed much heavier.

/ How not to cut down a tree #5  
I just had a tree cut down next to my house. I too have the equipment, but when I looked at the tree it was going to fall toward the house. I called "MY GUY" and he came out that evening. Even used my saws. He took it down in pieces like he should, and when it came time to drop the main trunk, he tied the top off to another tree and had his partner pull so it would drop where I wanted it to. He's never been more than 1' off from where he says it'll fall.

Wedge

/ How not to cut down a tree #6  
It just cracks me up the number of people that don't have the slightest clue of what they are doing and still want to do it anyway:confused2:

Greg

/ How not to cut down a tree #7  
The fun part of those videos, is that all those folks were so sure of what they were doing, was going to go right, that they didnt even bother to park their car somewhere else for just the case it DID go wrong...

We never cut leaning trees nearby valuable objects, without putting a rope to it, or pushing with the loader.... And sure we did cut a lot over the years.

/ How not to cut down a tree #8  
It just cracks me up the number of people that don't have the slightest clue of what they are doing and still want to do it anyway:confused2: Greg

None of the experts were born with their knowledge & many learned what not to do through personal experience. The ones that die while learning just never made it to the expert level. The experts that learn completely from the failures of others aren't working to their full potential, nor are they usually experts. MikeD74T

/ How not to cut down a tree #9  
I saw some folks a couple years ago they asked me to come help remove a tree and stump. from where a house addition. I told them I had a friend thats a logger and Id feel better with him cutting the tree. My friend looked at it and like I thought the tress limbs were mostly over the house. I told them it woulod be best to cable it to my skid steer and put pressure on it and let me push with the excavator. Nope they wanted it go the complete opposite way. I told them I couldnt do the job that way get some one else. Well buddy tells his friend I dont know what im talking about.

I was loading up and they asked to borrow my 150 foot 3/4 inch choker cable. I was a little miffed about going all the way out to the job then having to leave. I loaned them the cable to see if I was gonna be right. I was called the next day with the home owner and tool number one out there. They and the insurance company had me remove the tree from the house. They had tied the cable 3 feet up from the cut and tied it to a Yamaha Rhino. The scene was bad looking there was a poulan chain saw wit hthe housing smashed, a house with its utility room cut in half, and the the rhino had a made some big drag marks across the yard. And a wife there giving him the told you so speech again. They maked the cuts to fall the tree in the way the wanted it but gravity took the tree to the havy side. The pulling and the tree twisting fro mthe crooked back cut the tree kinda twisted and fell but firsts off the stump.

It twisted the saw of out the mans hand and fell to the ground then the but fell square on it. Then it hit his house. We had to saw the top out of the tree and I cut the trunk in the middle and we pulled it out with the hoe. They later hire me to demo the room and make a new one into the addition. I used to have the remains of the saw here.

/ How not to cut down a tree #10  
If this was a popler, the bottom sections if not rotted out weighed closer to 275Lbs per foot in length if indeed the tree had a 3 ft diameter. You most of noticed how that 100 Lbs seemed much heavier.

it could had weigh more, it was 2 of us picking up the chunks and kind flinging them away from the house, the tree was dead for sure, and for sure 3 feet thick single stock trunk, remember it was 30 ft from the house so the first 30 ft up on the tree did not hit the house, I remember it so well ;)
this dude owned a skid loader ( bob cat ) that we hooked to the rest of the tree to pull the larger trunk out of the house,..... the real kicker about this story is he ask me didn't he cut the pie out on the correct side? Ha! :ashamed: seem to me was the wrong time to be asking someone if he wasn't sure of himself :D, but he did cut the pie out away from the house, his mistake was he just cut too straight into the trunk, he should had started up 12" and cut down into the pie , heck when I cut a tree I always tie it off to either my tractor or another tree... he had not made any kind of Game plan, I think he got up that morning listen to the weather forcast and decide to cut the tree down,
we had the storm that was expected that night and od thing is the insurance company paid for the damage thinking it was results in storm damage to the house, he had to cut the tree off the house so he could cover up the rest so to not have any water damage,:cool: Lucky him.