FM Radio Earmuffs, QuieTunes

/ FM Radio Earmuffs, QuieTunes #1  

etcallhome

Platinum Member
Tractor
JD 1026R
Well after owning these I'm guessing 10-13 yrs they broke. Started to put them on for the second time that day .
I took some photos sent them to Elevex website told them what took place. There reply the next evening when I came home was ,as soon as I gave them my address the new parts would be sent to me.
Parts should be here tomorrow or at least sometime mid week .....Good to know a company still stands behind there product . They even gave me a contact person and there phone # and email address ,if I have any problem ..

Attachments

• IMG_2036 (600 x 450).jpg
    IMG_2036 (600 x 450).jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_2033 (640 x 480).jpg
    IMG_2033 (640 x 480).jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_2037 (600 x 450).jpg
    IMG_2037 (600 x 450).jpg
    39 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_2038 (600 x 450).jpg
    IMG_2038 (600 x 450).jpg
    67 KB · Views: 128
   / FM Radio Earmuffs, QuieTunes #2  
I'm curious to see how Troy Built handles things with my tiller this winter. I'm going to have them fully rebuild it per the agreement in the owners manual. It's 30 years old.

/ FM Radio Earmuffs, QuieTunes #3  
I'm curious to see how Troy Built handles things with my tiller this winter. I'm going to have them fully rebuild it per the agreement in the owners manual. It's 30 years old.

That little disclaimer at the end is what will get you!! There's always a fire somewhere, always a war somewhere, and as for things beyond their control... well, they could say the economy has forced them to change their policy on rebuilding them and they now must charge full price. I'm just joking there of course, but I hope they stand behind it. Let us know what TroyBilt says about it, I'm sure many here would be interested to know. Good luck.

/ FM Radio Earmuffs, QuieTunes #4  
That little disclaimer at the end is what will get you!! There's always a fire somewhere, always a war somewhere, and as for things beyond their control... well, they could say the economy has forced them to change their policy on rebuilding them and they now must charge full price. I'm just joking there of course, but I hope they stand behind it. Let us know what TroyBilt says about it, I'm sure many here would be interested to know. Good luck.

I'm more curious what an equivelant machine would be for cost these days, as I don't think anyone makes anything even close to the Troy Built Horse in quality anymore. I have no idea what the cost for restoration will be, but if it's reasonable, it is certianly worth it.

/ FM Radio Earmuffs, QuieTunes #5  
I'm more curious what an equivelant machine would be for cost these days, as I don't think anyone makes anything even close to the Troy Built Horse in quality anymore. I have no idea what the cost for restoration will be, but if it's reasonable, it is certianly worth it.

I don't believe it... They still make the same tiller. $1999. Horse Garden Tiller and other Rototillers from Troy-Bilt

I'm going to have to check out what accessories they still sell.

/ FM Radio Earmuffs, QuieTunes #6  
Troy Built of 30 years ago is no more. They went under about 12+ years ago. The brand was bought by the same holding company that makes MTD. Many of us with the chippers found out the hard way that the new co doesn't source parts for the old stuff. I don't know about the tillers.

/ FM Radio Earmuffs, QuieTunes #7  
I had a headset like yours a few years ago. I hated the dual purpose pushbuttons eg press quickly to get this function; press and hold for five seconds to get a menu, then press three time etc. When I dropped it and broke it was not all bad news.
Then I got a second generation model with analog tuning. That was better but the frequency would change with temperature and my collar changed the tuning too.
Now I have a third generation digital tuning unit. It's very satisfactory except when I mow on weekends and my local classical station plays opera.
But there's a solution - It's called jupiter jack and is advertised on tv. It converts stored mp3 music in my cell phone to 99.3 or 101.3MHZ. The cell phone and jupiter jack goes into my shirt pocket and it has a range of five feet. Which is enough for my headset. I payed $20 at a hardware store but Amazon is selling them for $9.

/ FM Radio Earmuffs, QuieTunes #8  
Troy Built of 30 years ago is no more. They went under about 12+ years ago. The brand was bought by the same holding company that makes MTD. Many of us with the chippers found out the hard way that the new co doesn't source parts for the old stuff. I don't know about the tillers.

I plan to call them and find out about particulars during the winter. Don't know what they'll say, but we'll find out.

BTW, since you're in the PNW, check out my thread here: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/related-topics/170534-how-do-you-like-your.html

/ FM Radio Earmuffs, QuieTunes #9  
I picked up these recently

http://www.lowes.com/pd_225781-98-90541-80025_0_?productId=3082311&Ntt=radio&Ntk=i_products&Ns=p_product_quantity_sold|0&pl=1&currentURL=/pl__0__s?newSearch=true$Ntt=radio

Makes the seat time go by faster.

/ FM Radio Earmuffs, QuieTunes #10  
Unless you live very close to the plant that they will want you to send it too, you will probably be better off just fixing it yourself. At half the price, that is still 1000 dollars + shipping in both directions.