Man dies after being stung over 500 times

/ Man dies after being stung over 500 times #2  
This is my biggest fear while mowing. I don't have much experience bush hogging and such, but when I tested a 7 foot bush hog on my tractor the other day, all I could think about was disturbing a ground bee nest while mowing around the edge of the fields. Once the first sting hits you, its usually to late.....they are are you then.

/ Man dies after being stung over 500 times #3  
A couple years ago my neighbour was waving wildly at me while he was rotary cutting the field behind our house. He is generally nice but not overly friendly. I thought wow, he is really happy to see me today. It turns out that he mowed over a bees nest and was flailing his arms wildly to get them off of him. He is disabled so he drove his tractor up to ask me to get a stick that he dropped. He uses this stick to pick up stuff from the seat of his tractor and it turns out he threw his hat off when the bees attacked and ne needed to go retrieve his hat. His face was about 50% larger than normal and a few bees where still on and around him. I felt really bad but he appeared to be ok. He must have been stung at least tens of times.

The worst I have been stung is maybe 8 time or so when I was building my house. I got stung on my ear lobe twice, that hurt like heck and on the nuckle of my thumb, couldn't use my thumb for 3 or 4 days and then it itched for a good couple weeks after.

I couldn't imagine being stung 500 times, miserable way to go.

/ Man dies after being stung over 500 times #4  
Sounds like small nest of so call killer bees..no mercy from them buggers.

/ Man dies after being stung over 500 times #5  
I have a question, the article didn't say what type of insect it was, was it bees, killer bees, yellow jackets or some other type of hornet? I do know that killer bees are being used to produce honey. I quess the folks that use them figured if you can't beat them then might as well join them. If it was yellow jackets then I can understand also, they are tough little monsters that will not let up untill a person can get some far distance.

/ Man dies after being stung over 500 times #6  
A few years ago, our community lost a well known Dozer operator to and attack of Hornets while doing routine dozing. Open field work is pretty safe, however in the woods and thickets, a operator needs to be really on the lookout and be ready to take evasive measures when needed. Ken Sweet

/ Man dies after being stung over 500 times #7  
I've got a lifelong honeybee allergy...would only take one for me to walk to the light...keep Epi-pens everywhere, even in a cooler on the tractor in the warmer months.

/ Man dies after being stung over 500 times #8  
I've got a lifelong honeybee allergy...would only take one for me to walk to the light...keep Epi-pens everywhere, even in a cooler on the tractor in the warmer months.

Ditto.

/ Man dies after being stung over 500 times #9  
For those of you itching to buy a cab, here's you chance to convince your bookkeeper.:laughing: