Man killed in tractor accident

/ Man killed in tractor accident #31  
Hey Jay4200,
Be careful what you say. You may not be able to buy dynamite anymore because the people who sell it don't like your politics.

/ Man killed in tractor accident #32  
"The difference between a wise man and a smart man is this: a smart man learns from his mistakes, a wise man learns from the mistakes of others."[/QUOTE]
This is so true that it hurts to look back ... thinking that I was smart. If I can just remember all the good advice and technical information being offered here.

/ Man killed in tractor accident #33  
"The difference between a wise man and a smart man is this: a smart man learns from his mistakes, a wise man learns from the mistakes of others."
This is so true that it hurts to look back ... thinking that I was smart. If I can just remember all the good advice and technical information being offered here.[/QUOTE]

"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens." - Jimi Hendrix

/ Man killed in tractor accident #34  
Jimi hendrix should have been wiser.
Just be careful guys. More careful than we think we should be.

/ Man killed in tractor accident #35  
Jimi hendrix should have been wiser.
Just be careful guys. More careful than we think we should be.

Ain't that the truth. I have had family members with similar problems and there is a world of difference between knowing what to do and being able to do it.

I still view this quote as a very valid and relevant one.

/ Man killed in tractor accident #36  
I always pull stumps and logs with the FEL and go backwards. The more I think about it the only thing I do forwards is brush hog. I should turn the seat around on my tractor...why don't more people use the FEL to do stumps and logs?

/ Man killed in tractor accident #37  
I always pull stumps and logs with the FEL and go backwards. The more I think about it the only thing I do forwards is brush hog. I should turn the seat around on my tractor...why don't more people use the FEL to do stumps and logs?

Depends on your definition of "Stump".
If you mean bits of shrub or sapling roots, OK maybe the FEL is "safe enough".
If you mean TREE stumps; back hoe, ex or 1/2 a stick of now restricted substance.

Many/most tractors a) have more pull going forwards b) have more lift capacity on the 3pt than on the FEL.
It is a lot safer pulling from the drawbar than the FEL bucket.
Pulling and lifting at the same time can be VERY dangerous.
It can be TEMPTING to use 4WD in reverse with the FEL when you run out of traction.
Hint/clue; NOT a good idea, even if you are a trick motorcycle rider able to pull "stoppies" on a whim.

/ Man killed in tractor accident #38  
Depends on your definition of "Stump".
If you mean bits of shrub or sapling roots, OK maybe the FEL is "safe enough".
If you mean TREE stumps; back hoe, ex or 1/2 a stick of now restricted substance.

Many/most tractors a) have more pull going forwards b) have more lift capacity on the 3pt than on the FEL.
It is a lot safer pulling from the drawbar than the FEL bucket.
Pulling and lifting at the same time can be VERY dangerous.
It can be TEMPTING to use 4WD in reverse with the FEL when you run out of traction.
Hint/clue; NOT a good idea, even if you are a trick motorcycle rider able to pull "stoppies" on a whim.

Not to mention that it can bend the loader arms.

/ Man killed in tractor accident #39  

Shouldn't the FEL stop any possible forward rollover? (unless you have it in float, ulikely when pulling stuff)

What would be the problem then?

/ Man killed in tractor accident #40  
Shouldn't the FEL stop any possible forward rollover? (unless you have it in float, ulikely when pulling stuff)

What would be the problem then?
In theory, yes.
But in actual working conditions, and the 'split second' a person has to react, while being thrown forward in the seat, anything can happen.
I posted lot's of pictures of this type of thing happening on another thread in here.