Hammer Loops

/ Hammer Loops #1  

oldballs

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B2620 , Case 448 , Kubota B2650
:(I've had it with hammer loops on work pants. They never hold the hammer and the real rant is that they catch on everything else. Several times I've just about busted my bippy when one catches on the tractor controls that are mounted on the fenders. Today when sliding out of the seat this snag shuts off the engine because it engages a power control as well as hanging me up on the fender. So.... I cut off the hammer loop and am here to rant about it...with no accident to report thank goodness. :)

/ Hammer Loops #2  
I to have had hammer loops for years.Done same thing cathes on pto lever
sometimes. Started wearing wrangler riggs carpenter pants the best loop i have
tried if your right handed its better. Most pant loops are on the left. Be careful
dismounting those tracktors. framer

/ Hammer Loops #3  
LOL, similar occurance but on my Jimmy.

I have been catching my pant cuffs on the poorly located emergency (park) brake peddle so often that I almost took the hacksaw to it yesterday.
Never use that thing anyway but if remouved I could never pass an inspection.

/ Hammer Loops #4  
Don't have any pants with hammer loops but I wear jean shorts whenever possible...can't say how many times I've hopped off my Kubota caught a short pants leg on one of the levers, and actually bent it and in a few cases just about dumped me on my face..so far the Wrangler shorts are stronger than the levers, haven't torn any yet:laughing:

/ Hammer Loops #5  
lol first thing I cut off on all my carharts, like the side pockets though. If you need the hammer much gonna be wearing a tool belt anyway.
Rick

/ Hammer Loops #6  
If my Dad were still alive, he would be laughing his butt off now. :D

He ran framing crews for some large homebuilders for a number of years in the 50s and 60s and was required to wear construction overalls as part of their uniform. The first thing he did when he started his own company was to burn all of his overalls. He never bought another pair of pants with more than two front and two back pockets, nothing with a hammer loop or bib, no pencil pockets or exterior pouches. He always thought anyone who intentionally bought uniforms to wear were "adle-brained".

I can remember him laughing till he had tears at me when I bought a pair of insulated coveralls for hunting cause they reminded him of his old work clothes, just not pinstriped.

/ Hammer Loops
.....johnrex62. It must be a state of mind or pride thing. My Dad was an orphan kid from a small town. When he came to the city all he ever had was dirty hard work. Thus when us kids came along he wouldn't allow us to wear bib overalls or denim stuff. He and Mom saw to it that we got good educations. His pride and direction paid off for me, even though I started wearing jeans and bib overalls. You must have seen old documentaries, where the unemployed lined up wearing white shirts, ties and hats. They always wore suits to church. Today's American Idols all look like they need a shave and haircut and some decent clothes.:(

/ Hammer Loops #8  
I don't know if pride had anything to do with it, but it was definitely a state of mind. I am sure he hated working for the builders and couldn't wait to get his own company going. According to my grandmother he grew up hard headed and stubborn, and it had to be his way no matter how wrong he was. :laughing:

When I worked for him, I sure wouldn't argue her perspective. ;) He was usually right about work stuff, and we sure didn't argue his home decisions no matter what we thought of them. :mur: As a young boy he tried to impress on me the difference in my work training and his. I naturally though he was being unduly tough on me. He thought he was being easy on me. One of his favorite sayings about his carpentry training was "If you can do it sitting down, you are doing it wrong.". He would let me sit from time to time, but made me stand for more than I cared at that age. :thumbsup:

/ Hammer Loops #9  
:(I've had it with hammer loops on work pants. They never hold the hammer and the real rant is that they catch on everything else. Several times I've just about busted my bippy when one catches on the tractor controls that are mounted on the fenders. Today when sliding out of the seat this snag shuts off the engine because it engages a power control as well as hanging me up on the fender. So.... I cut off the hammer loop and am here to rant about it...with no accident to report thank goodness. :)

I catch them on everything too...;)

/ Hammer Loops #10  
I like dime for every time I caught loop on kitchen draws knobs over the years.