Train hits boomer

/ Train hits boomer #2  
What's up with tractors and trains??? :confused2::confused2::confused2:

/ Train hits boomer #3  
I have some experience in this...
Getting hit by a train is not fun, even if there isn't anyone hurt...(or in my case where somebody claimed, but was proven to be preexisting.)
David from jax

/ Train hits boomer #4  
My father was riding in a narrow gauge (historic) train when they saw a kid riding a dirt bike on a nearby trail. The kids bike was loud and apparently the riding consumed all his brainpower since he had no "situational awareness". Up ahead, the trail crossed the railway line and the passengers on the train were horrified when the kid rounded the corner and slammed the motorcycle into the side of the train. As luck would have it, he hit a wheel almost dead center and was thrown back from the train. If he had been in front or behind the axle, he would probably have been killed.

So that incident was typical of this kind of problem
1) engaged in an activity that demands attention
2) Loud machine or hard of hearing (both in the case of the dirt bike kid wearing a helmet)
3) Not paying attention to the proximity of the railroad line.

/ Train hits boomer #5  
I was told by a lawyer that in this type of case the train is never at fault. Old case law made back when the railroads ruled.

/ Train hits boomer #6  
Very few cases ever put a train at fault. In my accident, I was ticketed, but the ticket was dropped when the police officer was shown the trains rulebook that stated the train was supposed to be stopped at that crossing whenever doing what it was doing.
David from jax