4 year old tractor passenger killed

/ 4 year old tractor passenger killed #1  

bluechip

Veteran Member
I HATE reading these stories. I'm sure no one on these boards would do something so stupid as give a toddler a ride while mowing or brush hogging. I've been on TBN about 8 years and I have read enough of these, and when this article showed up on my interenet "home page" it knocked the wind out of me. I have a 4 year old Grandson. Please people, never give a kid (or anyone else) a ride on a tractor. Especially while working! Neighbor says no one can be blamed, I'm sorry but I disagree. I"ll bet grandma's boyfreind, will have a hard time not blaming himself. My prayers go out to him and the family.

Free Videos Online - CenturyLink

/ 4 year old tractor passenger killed #2  
Thank you for calling me stupid, ye of the Judgment Pavilion. I appreciate that.

/ 4 year old tractor passenger killed #3  
I agree bluechip, adults who insist on taking small children and toddlers with them on a tractor, especially while using equipment, are stupid. Not ignorant..stupid! Time and time again we hear of these accidents when they turn out to involve a fatality, but how many times are there close calls where it doesn't make the news?

Thank you for calling me stupid, ye of the Judgment Pavilion. I appreciate that.
"Ye of the Judgment Pavilion". It's obvious you are one of those who take small children and toddlers with them on a tractor. Trying to justify your decision to do so by attempting to " Appeal to Ridicule", and that is what your phrase is meant to do, just means you have no legitimate argument to present to support your position.

/ 4 year old tractor passenger killed #4  
Right on the money, Mace.:thumbsup:

/ 4 year old tractor passenger killed #5  
Come on peeps, the ones that give their kids rides, please chime in.
You know who you are, the dads that have little johny on his lap.
And we can't forget little sally on the tractor also.

/ 4 year old tractor passenger killed #6  
That's sad. I'll admit that when I was around 6 or 7 my dad used to ride me around on his riding mower "sitting on his lap" when he would be mowing.

I know that was a stupid thing to do. "Thankfully I'm still here to tell about it" so many things could have gone wrong.

Chad

/ 4 year old tractor passenger killed #7  
I'm so sorry, Let me reconsider. small child on lap, nothing holding him on but an arm, steel blades going several thousand feet per second at the tip following about a second behind the "drop zone". Oh and lets think about tires with nice deep tread to drag the tot to the ground more effectively.... Nope, I gotta let my original comment stand. I'd rather have someone think I'm a jerk by suggesting that thier standard practice is placing unwarranted risk on a child, which I admit is really none of my business, than read another story like this. I didn't set out to offend anyone. AS I said, I have a grandson, and if something like this happened to him the unbearable greif that would follow would certainly overshadow any fond memories of the tractor rides that might have been.

You forgot the fact that we are both drunker the The Pope stoned on Jesus Juice (My boy is much Mellower on Jager than JD), we're both smoking UNFILTERED cigarettes AND I blow the smoke in his face, I have him carrying my assault weapon (only you leftists seem to know what those are) which happens to be locked and loaded (I may fix the safety on it someday), the HST has a habit of sticking WFO at the most in opportune times, the brakes, um, well, are broke, the mower deck is so rotten I have duct tape holding the spindles in place, Neither of us have sun screen on, I only mow during the Ides Of March but only if there is a severe lightening storm going on, Screw 540 RPM, I pin it, and I mow crossways on a 78 degree incline with the ROPS down with my seatbelt ON, AND I'm hauling a broken Greyhound bus from my 3pth in the RAISED position. I mow fast because he has an easier time treadmilling (blindfolded, of course) on the drive tires.

Did I miss anything? Not feeling real creative this morning.

I'm amazed how many of these self righteous posts by alarmists and those whose reflexes are somewhere in the thirty second range, feel that just because they can imagine Jason attacking them, a 747 falling from the sky, or the ground is going to open up (Yup, had someone say that to me) while mowing, feel none of the rest of us can handle life without their guidance.

Enjoy your bubblewrap lifestyle.

(Now where did that **** kid and his distempered rottweiler go again?)

Bubblewrap

/ 4 year old tractor passenger killed #8  
May be that some people have to learn the hard way and pay the price.

/ 4 year old tractor passenger killed #9  
May be that some people have to learn the hard way and pay the price.

And that's the problem...the adult pays temporarily, the child pays permanently.

/ 4 year old tractor passenger killed #10  
I gave my 5 year old nephew a short ride, but I was not working the tractor, I was holding him tight and we were creeping along at about 1MPH.