chain saw chaps

/ chain saw chaps #1  

BoFuller

Veteran Member
Tractor
2008 Kubota L3400
After reading about chaps on another thread (I think it was Obed's thread), I ordered a pair and they have arrived. Now when I head up to the ranch this weekend I will have chainsaw chaps and not motorcycle chaps! :thumbsup:

/ chain saw chaps #2  
Not sure, but I don't think the motorcycle ones do much to stop a chain saw.

The real chain saw ones are full of kevlar fiber, which jams the saw pretty effectively.

/ chain saw chaps
Not sure, but I don't think the motorcycle ones do much to stop a chain saw.

The real chain saw ones are full of kevlar fiber, which jams the saw pretty effectively.

Exactly, which is why I ordered the correct ones instead of trying my MC ones. I was going to use my MC chaps until someone previously pointed out the significant difference.

/ chain saw chaps #4  
After reading about chaps on another thread (I think it was Obed's thread), I ordered a pair and they have arrived. Now when I head up to the ranch this weekend I will have chainsaw chaps and not motorcycle chaps! :thumbsup:

I'm Proud of you! :thumbsup:

/ chain saw chaps #5  
Exactly, which is why I ordered the correct ones instead of trying my MC ones. I was going to use my MC chaps until someone previously pointed out the significant difference.

I hope you never have to experience the difference. :) MikeD74T

/ chain saw chaps #6  
Having the running chainsaw drop onto your leg with the chaps on is a very sobering feeling. Having the fibers so quickly bind up the saw and seeing no blood (only kevlar fibers sticking out of the cut chaps) is intimidating, but satisfying. Especially the day before leaving on a 12 day elk hunt planned for months.
And the chaps are great for just pushing through the berry bushes and when loading firewood on the wood splitter.

Good on you for getting the chaps.

/ chain saw chaps #7  

You might want to pick up a 2nd pair. At some point you're going to have someone helping you, and I require the same gear on my helpers as I do on me.

Also I like the full wrap chaps for the calf protection.

If you haven't tried one, you might want to look at the forestry helmets with integrated hearing protection, hard hat, and face shield.

The mesh face shield is nice, because it never fogs up like safety glasses do, and you can wear your eyeglasses behind the screen without issues.

/ chain saw chaps
You might want to pick up a 2nd pair. At some point you're going to have someone helping you, and I require the same gear on my helpers as I do on me.

Also I like the full wrap chaps for the calf protection.

If you haven't tried one, you might want to look at the forestry helmets with integrated hearing protection, hard hat, and face shield.

The mesh face shield is nice, because it never fogs up like safety glasses do, and you can wear your eyeglasses behind the screen without issues.

I already had the helmet with the ear protection and mesh shield. I like it. Many times I stood up or turned around and a dead branch snapped against the helmet. It would have no doubt pierced the scalp, or eye, or ear, or whatever. Helmet, gloves, boots, and now chaps. :thumbsup:

/ chain saw chaps #9  
Upper torso protection including arms is also well worth the cost which is not much money compared to the damage that a chain that jumps the bar or breaks can do.

Last edited:
   / chain saw chaps #10  
I got chaps and helmets for my sons and wife; saved everyone some damage so far.