Tractor
    John Deere 790, 420, 314, 317 "Special", "L/60" Custom & 70 I

Default Re: Ear Protection

I like these! ~~ grnspot

Peltor Work Tunes - Radio Ear Muffs

Tractor
    Bobcat CT120

I have two sets of the Peltor work tunes set. Neither work very well and I will not purchase this brand again.
    The first set is the old model or type HRX52A. When I turn my head the station turns to static or is just gone.
    The second set is the new electronic tuning type WTD22 which I thought was going to be a significant up-grade. It has the same symptoms, loss of station when i turn my head or change direction while driving.
    Both next to worthless as far as listening to stations.
    I do seem to get intermittently great reception on the Classical music station but I like a variety.
    Note: I live just 15 miles from Minneapolis MN with many radio station towers close buy.
    I would avoid this brand.

teg
    Elite Member
    Tractor

I have a few pairs of them... not the greatest "tuner" but they work good enough. Problems is that I've ran over an aluminum ladder, didn't hear it. Had the toplink fall off and get destroyed by the pto shaft... You might listen to music not as loud as me but if you really need to pay attention to your equipment, these will not let that happen.

Tractor
    2011 B3030HSDC - Traded 2008 BX24 for it.

Here's a link to a site you might be interested in.

I bought a set recently, simply because my hearing is diminished somewhat and I don't want to lose any more of it. Noise cancellation works great.

You can hook up your cell phone, MP3 player, Walkman, cassette player - whatever you want really, with the included patch cord.

All I have to do now is wire in a female jack to the speakers in my tractor and I'm gonna be a VERY happy camper...

Over The Head Electronic Safety Earmuffs, Active Noise Reduction Technology | NoiseBuster PA4000
    2008 - 2011 BX24 with 9" auger, back blade and post driver (traded BX24)
    2011 - 2013 B3030HSDC with q/a FEL; 3pt snowblower; ballast box; 9" auger; back blade (sold B3030HSDC)
    2014 - shopping again

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Massey Ferguson 1552

Thanks, to all

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B82004WD

My take is that the cheaper radio ear muffs aren't good for much- you can't really hear the radio function when you are in a noisy environment, the tuners suck, and worst of all, I find that wearing them for over an hour, like when I am mowing, makes my ears hurt. On the other hand, my brother has some $1000 noise cancelling headsets in his airplanes, and they are amazing. Not only do they protect you in a really noisy environment (front seat of jet props) but they sound really good and are comfortable for hours, too! There must be something in between that works almost as well- you don't need all the fancy functions, mics., overrides etc. that the aircraft sets have to have. I am going to be looking, myself. Stay tuned.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Duetz DX3.70, Fendt 305LSA,260S & 205P,Kubota B6100E & 3 x B5100E & RTV900, Caterpillar 428C

Quote Originally Posted by jobguy View Post
    I have two sets of the Peltor work tunes set. Neither work very well and I will not purchase this brand again.
    The first set is the old model or type HRX52A. When I turn my head the station turns to static or is just gone.
    The second set is the new electronic tuning type WTD22 which I thought was going to be a significant up-grade. It has the same symptoms, loss of station when i turn my head or change direction while driving.
    Both next to worthless as far as listening to stations.
    I do seem to get intermittently great reception on the Classical music station but I like a variety.
    Note: I live just 15 miles from Minneapolis MN with many radio station towers close buy.
    I would avoid this brand.
    Ditto, the old manual tuning version was fiddly to tune and constantly lost the station tuned.
    Certainly couldn't jump readily from station to station and when I abandoned it it was often losing sound on one side.

I too hoped the digital tuning version would be a big leap forward but it had its own set of problems.

This is what I've come up with. I recommend the Sangean radios - as good as Sony but less expensive. However you won't find a earmuff model of these.
    Ear Protection-mvc-167f.jpg

Ear Protection-mvc-168f.jpg

Ear Protection-mvc-169f.jpg

This is what I use,and they work just fine for me,and I live 40 miles from the stations I listen too.

Peltor WTD2600 Worktunes Digital 26 dB Radio/Hearing Protector

Greg
    2009 2520
    FEL/61" HD bucket/replaceable cutting edge
    62D2 MMM
    IMatch Quick Hitch
    Homemade 3PT Receiver
    Homemade Ballast Box
    Woods GB65 Box Blade
    A "REAL" snow blade --- JD 380A
    90% Restored 1987 JD 316

MY BALLAST BOX:
    http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/b...box-build.html
    MY SE SEAT 2520 MOD:
    http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/j...my-2520-a.html

Elite Member
    Tractor
    New Holland TC-45

Quote Originally Posted by teg View Post
    I have a few pairs of them... not the greatest "tuner" but they work good enough. Problems is that I've ran over an aluminum ladder, didn't hear it. Had the toplink fall off and get destroyed by the pto shaft... You might listen to music not as loud as me but if you really need to pay attention to your equipment, these will not let that happen.
    I like music as much as anybody. But when operating it is a lot better to hear what is going on with the equipment and your surroundings.
    ::"I STARTED out with nothing....I still have most of it."

New Holland TC45 1,300+ hours - FEL - back hoe - post hole digger - Hydraulic Gannon - cement mixer - pressure washer - 1975 Dodge 500 flat bed - 1974 chevy C65 6 yard dump truck.
    All home made by me. loading forks - 2 drags - roller - Sheep's Foot - Pusher (to unload flat bed truck.) - pickle fork digger - Log splitter -

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast