Sthil FS75 burning arm

/ Sthil FS75 burning arm #1  

etcallhome

Platinum Member
Tractor
JD 1026R
After checking weedeater for bad gas cap ...I sent Stihl an email about a FS75 I use every week or so for 2-6 hrs at a time.
While using this weedeater mostly on hill sides , my arm about 4 inches from elbow ,touches the engine cover just in front of muffler..It gets hot enough that I usually end up with a burn either the size of a m&m up to the size of a dime..
Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem..
MY FS110 with handlebar , I don't seem to have this type problem , and yes it is also being used on hillsides.

/ Sthil FS75 burning arm #2  
After checking weedeater for bad gas cap ...I sent Stihl an email about a FS75 I use every week or so for 2-6 hrs at a time.
While using this weedeater mostly on hill sides , my arm about 4 inches from elbow ,touches the engine cover just in front of muffler..It gets hot enough that I usually end up with a burn either the size of a m&m up to the size of a dime..
Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem..
MY FS110 with handlebar , I don't seem to have this type problem , and yes it is also being used on hillsides.

I can only say that I have an FS110 w/ handlebars and never had an issue like you describe w/ the FS75 but I could see where the H-bar's would keep your arms in a different position further away from the engine ( assuming the FS75 has a "normal" handle set up). BTW....do you like the handlebars? I have to say that I think I now wish I had purchased without them. A "normal" handle just seems to be more natural and allow for easier extension/movement of the weedeater.

I got my letter from Stihl a couple of days ago, haven't checked my gas cap yet..........

/ Sthil FS75 burning arm #3  
I have used Stihl FS80's for 6-8 hours at a time. They have caused my arm to bleed from wear and heat.

/ Sthil FS75 burning arm
I like my handle bars for the 110 my old Shindawa had handle bar and when I bought the 110 I didn't think about buying one without the handlebar setup..The 75 has reg setup plus the 75 has curved shaft and at times with curved shaft on a hillside you just have to hold it at a complete different angle compared to a straight shaft, which the 110 has .
So yes with handlebars you do have your arms at a complete different area compared to a unit with regular setup.

/ Sthil FS75 burning arm #5  
I have used the handle bars also with the FS80's. I prefer the loop grip. Pain from forearm burn and wear less pain than the shoulder and back pain the handle bars gave me. Falling down a steep hill while holding on to handle bars is a lot less graceful than when holding on a loop grip and falling down a hill. FS80's have the loop handle/handle bar option. There is a reason why they make loop handles. And there is a reason why the make handlebars.

/ Sthil FS75 burning arm #8  
I have used the handle bars also with the FS80's. I prefer the loop grip. Pain from forearm burn and wear less pain than the shoulder and back pain the handle bars gave me. Falling down a steep hill while holding on to handle bars is a lot less graceful than when holding on a loop grip and falling down a hill. FS80's have the loop handle/handle bar option. There is a reason why they make loop handles. And there is a reason why the make handlebars.

http://microsoftoutlook2010.momaroo.com/749263168/microsoft-outlook-2010-professional/

/ Sthil FS75 burning arm #9  
My FS55RC gets hotter on my arm than I would prefer but has never actually caused a visible burn.