I may get around to mounting an extinguisher someday.

/ I may get around to mounting an extinguisher someday. #2  
This reminds me that I need to check the fire extinguishers we have to make sure they're still holding a charge, and to get some more for the farm.

Any recommendations on type/brands?

GGB

/ I may get around to mounting an extinguisher someday. #3  
That's one reason I blow off any debris from my mower after every use. Actually I do it just to keep it clean, but it would help prevent a fire caused by dry grass build up.

I miss the industrial fire extinguisher service company we had close by.
This was where all the fire departments, commercial and industrial customers had their fire extinguisher needs taken care of.

They had a room full of extinguishers that could not be put back in service, usually due to their age. The guy that ran the place would let me take what ever I wanted for free, these were commercial grade high quality, large capacity extinguishers, not your 5 lb kiddie from Lowes.

I would let my kids practice with them, and have one in every corner of my shop and sheds. Never had one that didn't work, but the company moved a few years ago and some of mine are getting low on the charge gauge now.

oh well, it was great while it lasted.

JB

/ I may get around to mounting an extinguisher someday. #5  
Any recommendations on type/brands?

Yes, do not get the cheap disposable ones they sell at the "big box store". Get good refillable ones. Amerex seems to be a popular brand. Also, be sure to get the ABC type...

/ I may get around to mounting an extinguisher someday. #6  
Fire Extinguisher uses on Farm??? I posted this a couple of days ago and there are several good ideas and safety issues discussed.If you haven't reviewed it as of yet, you may find it informative. Happy Tractoring.:tractor::tractor:

/ I may get around to mounting an extinguisher someday. #7  
Thanks I needed to take a look at that. I'm not as prepared as I should be.