Wife Hit Deer

/ Wife Hit Deer #1  

devildog1

Veteran Member
Tractor
Grand L 3540 HST-3, R4's
Wife was driving home from school last night @ around 6:00 P.M.when all of a sudden there was a deer at her drivers door. Deer hit door and spun around and hit driver side front fender, at this point deer became airborne and was launched into other lane.Now deer was hit by another car and was thrown into air where yet another car hit it too. Her 2010 Honda Accord EXL needs a new door and drivers front fender, probably $3000.00 in damages boy is she sick. The good thing is deer was low and didn't come through drivers window.
DevilDog

/ Wife Hit Deer #2  
I hit 3 deer in a 30 month period several years back. Then my wife hit one herself. That ended all the bitching because she figured out firsthand how fast it happens, and how little can really be done to avoid it most times. It is certainly no fun. I had a close call with a doe last Fall, no damage to the truck but I hit her hard enough to knock her off her feet.

/ Wife Hit Deer #3  
Was coming up highway 23 in WA one day with my brother and there were about five sheriff's vehicles off to the side. As we went past the one in the road had a deer stuck in the front grill and the horns had come up through the hood.

/ Wife Hit Deer #4  
my stepbrother was riding his harley a couple years ago , a six pointer hit him from the side and punctured his lung and spleen he was found on the side of the road with the bucks antlers broken off in his chest . , now 100 percent recovered, so be thankfull you are only out some panels.

/ Wife Hit Deer #5  
Similar incident with my wife last year--
Change critter to Bighorn Sheep, 06 Jeep Liberty, door dents front and rear,mirror gone $1200 paid by comprehensive insurance. (after agent finished laughing).

Bighorn had no insurance as reported to State Patrol and no injuries to either party.

/ Wife Hit Deer #6  
Similar incident with my wife last year--
Change critter to Bighorn Sheep, 06 Jeep Liberty, door dents front and rear,mirror gone $1200 paid by comprehensive insurance. (after agent finished laughing).

Bighorn had no insurance as reported to State Patrol and no injuries to either party.

Under the new ***** plan, the deer and sheep (especially the kamikaze Bighorn breeds) will be forced to have insurance. just a FYI

Actually, i hit a dead deer that someone left on the road and didnt bother to stop and prevent someone else from hitting it. I was driving my dads Taurus at the time and it launched the right side tires into the air and i was doing a modified stuntmans drive....but into the opposite lane of traffic. Lucky for me no one was coming or id have been toast.

Lots of damage to my rig and the car behind me that also hit it. I even had deer hide embedded in the bead of my tires.Damaged oil pan, 2 wrecked rims, assorted other crap and a pissed off father to boot.

/ Wife Hit Deer #7  
My GF hit 3 of them in just over a week during hunting season. When the cop showed up for the third time and saw she was fine he told her that she would need to get a hunting license if she kept taking out deer. The first one took out the driver side headlight and the third one took out her passenger's side headlight. I had to wire up some temp lights until we could get it into the body shop.

/ Wife Hit Deer #8  
Never have hit a deer. But had one hit me. Mine was the only vehicle on the road at the time, I was traveling about 45 mph when a deer came running out of the woods and hit the side of my PU truck. It spun around and went back into the woods. Don't know if the deer was injured or not. My truck has a severly dented rear door side panel. :(

/ Wife Hit Deer #9  
If hunters were smart, they would get bullets that traveled at 45 MPH and had headlights.

They would always get a deer.

/ Wife Hit Deer #10  
This was in the local news. I think it was two years ago, but maybe it was three years ago.

Guy hit a big buck with his car. He got out of the car to check it out and noticed that he knocked off one of the antlers. Another car drives by and catches the antler with it's tire just perfectly that it flies throug the air and sticks into his stomache region. The news showed either the antler that stuck him, or the other one.

As amazing as all that is, the part that I remember most is that this was one heck of a buck. That antler was massive, heavy and stained really dark. I'm not sure if it was a book deer, but 160 easily.

Here in East Texas, more people hig wild hogs then deer. I find a few dead ones on the road by my house a couple times a year.

Eddie